Bilingual Lab Supervisor
Located in Magnolia, TX
Job Scope: The Lab Supervisor must be able to work well alone or in a team to ensure that laboratory protocols and methods run efficiently. The lab supervisor will also assist in developing and evaluating new methods. The position requires to display excellent communication skills. Must be open to learn new things, be efficient, well organized, flexible and able to deliver high quality results on time. This position is a hands-on lab-based role which requires the ability to concentrate and pay strict attention to details.
- Applies standard laboratory techniques and safe practices
- Plant initiation, production and maintenance of tissue cultured plants using proper aseptic technique
- Performs general lab maintenance and housekeeping.
- Monitors lab environmental conditions
- Will supervise and train lab technicians.
- Implements/monitors new techniques and procedures
- Collection, entry and analysis of data
- Inventory control
- Organizes season’s schedules
- Will track, approve and schedule employees payroll, vacation requests etc.
- The ideal candidate will be detail oriented and able to adapt quickly to changes
- Will keep track of inventory and ordering of supplies to ensure the flow of the production
- Must be patient, able to manage repetitive tasks, and have the ability to maintain a sense of flexibility/adaptability towards changing priorities
- Associate degree or Certificate - Laboratory assistant with two (2) years laboratory experience is a plus
- Bilingual fluent in English and Spanish
- 1-2 yrs experience as a lab manager/supervisor or lead position.
- Ability and willingness to work on feet or sitting at the lab bench for 8-10 hours a day
- Are organized, enthusiastic and dynamic.
- Attention to detail
- Motivated by creating the highest quality of tissue cultured plants
- computer skills: Ability to use Word, Excel and Power point is critical.
- Bilingual is a must
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, horticulture, chemistry, or another related field.
- One 1 (one) to two (2) years laboratory experience
- Experience with and knowledge of aseptic technique
- Knowledge of different aspects of plant tissue culture including:
- Plant initiation, production and rooting of tissue cultured plants
- Formation of crop schedules
- Selection of appropriate media for optimal plant culture growth
- Tracking of plant growth and development through all stages of in-vitro growth
- Maintaining good quality control (QC) over all crops
Apply online or at our office:
Express can help you find the job that is a good fit for your needs and abilities, and you’ll never pay a fee for our services and support.
Ways To Apply:
- Resumes may be emailed to Yeni.Craig@Expresspros.com
- Call our office 281-290-6330
- Visit our office 32323 SH 249 # 200 Pinehurst, TX 77362
Benefits of working with Express:
- Medical benefits
Express works with job seekers to help find the right job for their skills and experience. As one of the leading staffing companies in North America, State, and Location Name, we’re ready to help you take the next step in your career. Whether you are ready for a full-time position, looking for part-time work, or want a more flexible schedule, Express has a wide range of jobs available including:
- Light Industrial
- Skilled Trades
- Professional positions
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information.
Yeni Craig is eager to serve as your contact for this position, as well as many others in our area. Take the first step toward your success. Apply with Express today!
32323 SH 249 # 200 Pinehurst, TX 77362
Need more information about this job or any other opportunities?
Contact Yeni Craig, our Office Services and Skills Trade Recruiter at 281-290-6330 or by email Yeni.Craig@expresspros.com
Express Office: Tomball
32323 State Highway 249
Pinehurst, TX 77362