Located in Concord, ON
Busy steel manufacturing facility looking to hire hardworking and reliable people to join their union. All new employee''s start as General Labourers and will be trained on equipment/machinery as they work.
1. Strap bundles of steel tubing with Metal bands and Pneumatic strapping machine.
2. Place crane Slings around bundles of tubing.
3. Assist with the mill changeover, including replacing and cleaning the rolls, stands, spacers and tools.
4. General housekeeping duties to keep work area clean, including sweeping and picking up garbage (i.e., straps and rags).
5. Participate in WTC’s continuous improvement process and 5S programs.
6. Perform all duties/tasks in compliance with all WTC’s safety, quality, production and environmental rules, standards, regulations, SOP’s and work instructions.
7. Perform additional duties as the job changes and/or as assigned by the lead hand, supervisor or manager.
- Good command of English
- Completion of grade 12
- At least 3 years’ of experience in an industrial manufacturing environment
- Mechanically inclined
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Basic computer and math skills
- Available to work shift rotations (once every two weeks)
- 40 hours per week
Example of shifts, schedule and times may vary:
(a) 6:00 am to 2:20 pm
(b) 2:20 pm to 10:40 pm
(c) 10:40 pm to 6:00 am
- Ability to grow and take on more specialized positions in the plant or with a potential to be a lead hand.
Pay rate is $20.24 per hour, raises every year
Employment is contingent upon passing:
(A) Express Employment Professionals testing/registration/interview
(B) A pre-employment medical
(C) A police clearance
(D) Passing of Safety Training/Orientation quizzes
Express Office: Richmond Hill
9040 Leslie Street
Richmond Hill, ON L4B 3M4