Located in Englewood, CO
Salary: $20.00 to $23.00/hr DOE
The Accounting Clerk provides support and assistance to accounting personnel and may have the opportunity to complete on-the-job training of accounting principles.
Full Time Mon-Fri 8am to 5pm
$20.00/hr to $23.00/hr DOE
The Accounting Clerk should be able to complete the following:
- Perform combinations of calculating, posting, and verifying financial data to maintain accounting records.
- Examine, verify, and reconcile account statements, expense reports, invoices, inventory, and company-specific reports to substantiate business transactions.
- Verify and post details of business transactions such as funds received and disbursed; investigate discrepancies and generate reports.
- Compute and record charges and refunds.
- Enter balances and calculate interest on loans, bank accounts, and credit accounts by creating accounting spreadsheets and databases.
- Reconcile and post payments to accounts receivable ledger or accounting spreadsheet.
- Figure discounts and post sales and cash receipts.
- Prepare cash and check payments for bank deposits, issue customer statements, aging reports, and other operating statements.
- Prepare bills and invoices for sales and services rendered.
- Collect on accounts by sending bill reminders and communicating with customers via phone, email, fax, and/or mail.
- Generate monthly, quarterly, and/or annual financial statements and reports that detail paid and unpaid invoices and other accounts receivable activities.
- Possess good verbal communication skills and well-developed organizational abilities.
Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Batch for payment all purchase orders with invoices.
- Prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms.
- Process check requests.
- Audit and process credit card bills.
- Batch invoices to checks, obtain signatures, and distribute checks accordingly.
- Respond to vendor inquiries; reconcile vendor statements by researching and correcting discrepancies. • Assist in month-end closing.
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately in accordance with company policies and accepted accounting practices.
Experience in Accounting, AR, AP needed
We offer Medical and Dental benefits. This is a temp to hire opening. Once hired on excellent benefit package offered by our client.
Express Office: Littleton
1709 West Littleton Boulevard
Littleton, CO 80120