Sewer/ Seamstress HIRING IMMEDIATELY
Located in Dublin, CA
Salary: $18-$19 /HR
SEWER/ SEAMSTRESS – Starting at $18.00-$19.00/HR
We are keeping our firefighters safe! ECMS specializes in the inspection, cleaning, and repair of personal protective ensembles (PPE) and ensemble elements used for structural, wildland, industrial, and aviation firefighting applications. ECMS also serves as a highly skilled resource for aftermarket alterations, modifications and accessories for PPE and ensemble elements. Providing support services for personal protective ensembles is our only business, and we take great pride in doing it well.
About the Position
We are looking for a versatile, motivated Sewer/Seamstress at our ECMS Dublin location. The main responsibility of this role is sewing, with growth opportunities to support evaluation of PPE elements & data entry.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Perform repairs and alterations, and add accessory items to personal protective ensemble elements.
- Contribute to the production of finished goods such as letter patches, hose straps, shrouds, gear bags and other items.
- Follow established patterns and specifications, as well as create new patterns and specifications as necessary.
- Alter sizing on uniforms.
- Learn NFPA 1851 and other industry standards and how they relate to our processes and procedures.
- Data entry including, but not limited to element information, order entry, work performed, customer information, shipping details, etc.
- Sort, organize, inspect and launder personal protective ensemble elements.
- Assist with material inventory counts, shipping, and receiving.
- Use handheld hardware and tools as necessary.
- Operate company vehicles for pickup and delivery functions.
Must Have Skills
- Strong sewing ability.
- Professional experience with heavy fabric and hardware.
Must Have Soft Skills
- Strong work ethic with proven attention to detail.
- Willingness to learn and be flexible.
- Demonstrated good judgement and a high degree of integrity.
- Self-starter with willingness to do whatever is necessary to support the team.
Nice to Have
- Experience with various industrial sewing machines.
- Experience with pattern creation.
- Professional data entry experience.
- Ability to lift and handle 50 pounds.
- Shipping and receiving.
- Inspection and laundering of clothing.
- Pattern reading.
- Industrial stitching skills using, walking-foot, industrial style, sewing equipment is instrumental to the success of this role.
Apply online or at our office:
Express Employment Professionals can help you find the job that is a good fit for your needs and abilities, and you’ll never pay a fee for our services and support.
Sean is here to serve as your contact for this position, as well as many others in our area. Take the first step toward your success. Apply with Express today!
6841 Village Parkway
Dublin, CA 94568
Need more information about this Data Entry Specialist job?
Contact Sean, our Employment Specialist at (510) 461-4064, or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please add “SEWING” to the subject line of your email.
Express Employment Professionals works with job seekers to help find the right job for their skills and experience. We have a variety of jobs available, including full-time, part-time, and temporary positions. As one of the leading staffing companies in North America, California, and the Tri-Valley, we’re ready to help you take the next step in your career.
Express Employment Professionals is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all people and to hire and promote individuals solely based on their qualifications for the job.
In compliance with applicable federal, CA/Alameda and local law, employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and an individual’s qualifications regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information or protected veteran status. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics and expect that our employees and associates will cooperate in maintaining an atmosphere free of discrimination and harassment.
Apply today on the ExpressJobs app! Search for other great job openings in your area, build your profile, show off your skills and apply, all from your mobile device.
Express Office: Dublin
6841 Village Parkway
Dublin, CA 94568