Located in Austin, TX
Our client is an established laboratory that performs toxicology and genetic testing for personalized medicine. They are looking to add a Laboratory Assistant/ Specimen Processor to their team. Job duties include receiving, processing, separating portions of specimen, storing, and disposing of urine specimens. The candidate will be responsible for assisting with all specimens that come into the lab for testing and follow bio-safety practices for handling human urine specimens. This is a direct hire position with lots of opportunity for growth within the company and offers great benefits.
- $16.00 - 17.00/hr depending on experience
- Schedule: approximately Monday - Friday 8am – 5pm, with occasional Saturday shifts.
- Unboxes all specimens, and records shipment related information
- Prepares specimen for testing and future storage
- Data entries all client/patient information appropriately and files away all paperwork accordingly
- Identifies faulty specimens
- A Bachelor's Degree in Biology, Chemistry, or related field OR one year’s experience in a clinical testing lab
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Preferred candidates that are looking to grow within the company
Express Office: Austin (Southwest)
2500 West William Cannon Drive
Austin, TX 78745