Human Resources Specialist
Located in Medford, OR
Salary: $20.50 + DOE
This position is responsible for assisting the HR Manager on all aspects of human resources, safety and OSHA Administration.. The HR Specialist will be performing duties, developing workflows, maintaining data and files related to human resources, talent acquisition, on-boarding, talent management, protected leaves, benefits, safety, health and wellness and special projects as assigned. This is a professional position that requires a high degree of confidentiality, excellent communication skills, the ability to collaborate, and build relationships while establishing trust. This position calls for high-level thinking and problems-solving skills, as well as attention to detail.
Standard Required Qualifications
- Associate degree or Bachelor’s degree in HR, Administration, Business or other related field or a combination of education and experience.
- Two (2) years of experience in a professional-level HR position including recruitment and selection.
- Based on business necessity and the population we serve, all employees of must be compliant with our drug and alcohol policy.
- HR Certification from either SHRM or HCRI
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret applicable state and federal laws, rules, and regulations.
- Ability to carry out responsibilities with little or no supervision.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy.
- Possesses time management and organizational skills with ability to exercise good judgment and perform effectively within the constant interruptions of a busy office environment.
- Demonstrates strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of staff including management team.
- Knowledge of and ability to conduct group presentations for onboarding and orientation.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize workload while keeping detailed documentation and performing records management.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, attention to detail and follow through.
- Experience coordinating and maintaining payroll and/or other HRIS software.
- Intermediate to Advanced level skills in Windows-based software including Internet, databases, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Outlook), Google platform, social media; Human Resource Information System (HRIS) and Recruitment Management Software; ability to learn new technology effectively.
- Ability to use standard office equipment such as phone system, printer/copier/fax machine.
- Coordinates recruitment, sourcing, selection activities and the hiring process, including reference and background checks, pre-employment screening, employee onboarding.
- Develops and maintains relationships with hiring directors and managers to understand staffing needs for operations.
- Provides consultation to hiring managers regarding selection criteria, recruiting methods, candidate screening, interview questions and reference checks.
- Develops and distributes weekly announcements of new job opportunities.
- Attends career fairs and other recruiting events.
- Utilizes networking pool to find talent (via Indeed, iMatch Skills, local workforce agencies, job fairs, recruitment networks, etc.).
- Provides support for implementation of the talent management process, including performance reviews, to achieve organizational mission and goals.
- Updates job descriptions as necessary.
- Creates ID badges for new employees, coordinates to resolve employee issues regarding access.
- Assists with setup and facilitation of new employee orientation.
- Assists with planning and execution of special events such as open enrollment, team meetings and employee recognition events.
- Tracks, processes, and assists with the management of all protected leaves of absence, including OFLA, FMLA and related disability claims.
- Assists managers and employees with leave of absence, accommodation, and return to work processes.
- Assists with workers’ compensation claim management, light duty and ERTW.
- Assists with unemployment claims processing.
- Creation and set-up of employee files; file management and document retention.
- Maintains excellent internal and external customer service.
- Maintains confidentiality and security of sensitive information at all times.
- Maintain compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Responsible for reception and phone duties, mail distribution, communications (written and verbal), maintaining office supplies, etc.
- Prepares and composes office correspondence, reports, and agendas.
- Performs administration functions necessary for efficient operations, such as entering data into the HRIS system.
- Researches issues and prepares background material, compiles and analyzes data on various topics; reporting results as required.
- Coordinates all aspects of records retention and maintenance for electronic and paper documents and files.
- Responds to inquiries or provides assistance with information concerning department programs, policies, and procedures.
- Upholds the mission and values of the organization and has strong customer service orientation.
- Performs other related projects and duties as assigned.
Safety and OSHA Administration:
- Regularly attend the Safety Committee, provide resources, support, and complete minutes.
- Evaluate, assess and update safety procedures and policies to ensure worker safety and compliance with all regulatory bodies and standards.
- Prepare, coordinate and conduct safety training sessions, documenting employee participation.
- Conduct injury and incident inquiries and evaluations and prepare recommendations for incident prevention
- Responsible for OSHA record-keeping and Workers Compensation incidents and reports
- Assist with training and safety inspections on personnel, materials and equipment
Express Office: Medford
3523 Arrowhead Drive
Medford, OR 97504