Director of e-Commerce (Remote)
Located in Grand Rapids, MI
Salary: $100,000 Annual Salary
Director of e-Commerce (Remote) Summary:
A leader in construction distribution industry is seeking a qualified Director of e-Commerce to join their team. The Director of e-Commerce is responsible for managing all aspects of the company’s e-Commerce business, including business planning, content strategy and development, SEM, SEO, UX, web analytics and web technologies.
Director of e-Commerce (Remote) Responsibilities:
- Participate in the development and execution of strategic and tactical business plans with the Executive Management and other members of the cross-functional team supporting e-Commerce strategy.
- Oversee development and deployment of the company e-Commerce site, to include coordination of 3rd party participants and vendors.
- Develop and implement product content strategy to ensure appropriate content is available for the site launch.
- Manage the user experience of the website including site navigation, content development, checkout funnel, promotional campaigns as well as the overall merchandising of the company, i.e. brand messaging, product merchandising and transaction processing.
- Develop and oversee the effective planning, QA and execution of content across the websites and online marketing campaigns to ensure efficiency, accuracy and timeliness of all web content publishing.
- Build cross-functional relationships and interact daily with cross-functional partners from IT, Marketing, Supply Chain and Logistics, Branch Operations and Finance to facilitate and prioritize e-Commerce activities.
- Manage all acquisition and retention marketing campaigns designed to drive web site traffic and sales including paid and organic searches, affiliate programs and partnerships, content marketing, email marketing program, customer retention programs, community and social networks.
- Manage all aspects of web analytics related to e-Commerce and communicate relevant information to team members, executive leadership and cross-functional partners.
- Designing refresh schedule for the corporate site, using site analytics and customer feedback to drive decision-making.
- Oversee the development and management of the company’s social networks, content and community site initiatives including the maintenance and refreshing of relevant content, being an active participant and manager of company voice in the online communities and managing the editorial process of all relevant content from user generated content, freelance and internally generated editorial.
- Identify, evaluate and recommend external vendors to support the e-Commerce
- business where appropriate. Manage e-Commerce vendor relationships.
Schedule: 8:00am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday
Director of e-Commerce (Remote) Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in related field; or
- Ten years of related experience; or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Five to seven years e-Commerce site management experience desired, preferably in a wholesale distribution scenario.
- Strong knowledge of marketing and e-commerce concepts.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, Eclipse, and reporting software.
- Effective sales and marketing, interpersonal, communication, strategic planning, business acumen, organizational, stress management, customer service, negotiation, and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to interpret trends, define problems, conceptualize solutions, and convert to practical applications.
- Creativity, resourcefulness, and the use of original ideas.
- Maintain a professional image as a representative of the company.
- Ability to maintain high confidentiality.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks, priorities, and deadlines and easily adapt to changing situations.
- Available and able to travel occasionally.
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Position Type: Full-time, Direct Hire
Pay: $100,00.00 Annual Salary
About Specialized Recruiting Group, an Express Employment Professionals Company
Specialized Recruiting Group, an Express Employment Professionals company, is proud to serve the West Michigan business community with a full offering of recruiting, training, and human resource services. Since we opened our doors, we have focused on not only helping companies find top talent, but also helping them develop and retain talent.
Since 1996, Express Employment Professionals of Grand Rapids has been empowered by our work of connecting people with great jobs and great companies. We are energized by our mission of helping people be successful. We love making a difference in people’s lives and careers. To us, it’s more than a job, it’s an opportunity. It’s belief in your abilities and in your talents and in you. It’s more than a job. It’s your future.
View all available jobs here.
Express Office: Grand Rapids
1760 44th Street Southwest
Grand Rapids, MI 49519