Located in Mount Vernon, IL
We are looking for an efficient Human Resources (HR) Coordinator to undertake a variety of HR and AP/AR administrative duties. You will facilitate daily HR functions like keeping track of employees records and supporting the interview process. Your role, also, involves performing tasks with a focus to grow our company’s talent pipeline and improve our sourcing tactics.
Ultimately, you should be able to contribute to the attainment of specific goals and results of the HR department and the organization.
- Maintain records of personnel-related data (payroll, personal information, leaves, turnover rates etc.) and ensure all employment requirements are met
- Liaise with other departments or functions (payroll, benefits, AP/AR, etc.)
- Schedule meetings, interviews, HR events etc. and maintain the team’s agenda
- Perform orientations, onboarding, and update records with new hires
- Produce and submit reports on general HR activity
- Process outgoing payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures
- Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, and recording accounts payable data
- Reconcile the accounts payable ledger to ensure that all bills and payments are accounted for and properly posted.
- Support other functions as assigned
- Proven experience as an HR coordinator or relevant human resources/administrative position
- Knowledge of human resources processes and best practices
- Strong ability in using MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
- Experience with HR databases and HRIS systems
- Ability to work with QuickBooks software
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle data with confidentiality
- Good organizational and time management skills
- BSc/BA in Business Administration or relevant field; additional education in Human Resource Management will be a plus
Express Office: Carbondale
1301 West Main Street
Carbondale, IL 62901