Production Worker/Packing $15.75/hr FT/LT
Located in Stephen, MN
Salary: $15.75 an hour
Production Worker/Packing (Stephen, MN) 60 Miles north of Grand Forks
Manufacturing Company Seeks Production Worker for Noon – 9:00 pm Shift
This position is for a Production Worker for a national company located in Stephen, MN.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Package product for shipping on multiple different assembly lines.
- Weigh product, verifying and adjusting product weight or measurement to meet specifications.
- Observe machine operations to ensure quality and conformity of filled or packaged products to standards.
- Attach identification labels to finished packaged items such as lot numbers or shipping destinations.
- Inspect and remove defective products and packaging material.
- Remove finished packaged items from machine.
- Pack boxes, stack boxes and/or bags on pallets.
- Monitors, maintains, and repairs production equipment.
- Operates machines in a safe and responsible manner.
- Keeps area clean, safe, and up to code.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds; ability to sit, stand and /or walk for up to 3 hours at a time in a 8-hour day; ability to frequently grasp, push, pull, bend and climb.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Additional qualifications that are a plus, but are not required, include:
- Experience in agriculture, feed, seed or grain industry.
- Grain handling or seed industry experience.
- Manufacturing experience.
- Mechanical ability and an interest in machinery.
Individuals with some of the experience and/or knowledge can be trained on the job to perform each essential duty successfully.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, exposure to dust, and outdoor weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to work in high, precarious places.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Work Schedule and Compensation:
Schedule is usually Monday through Friday, Noon -- 9:00 p.m. with some occasional overtime possibilities.
The entry-level production position starts out at $15.75 per hour and is negotiable depending on skills and experience.
The company offers group health insurance (premium partially paid for by the employer), company paid short/long term disability, $50,000 company paid ADD and life insurance: elective dental, accident, cancer and intensive care insurance, as well as a 401k plan. There is also a PTO accrual program in place and 6 paid holidays/year.
About the Company:
A National company that manufactures the finest premium nutritional products for caged birds, small animals, wild birds, and wildlife. We provide optimum nutrition for all types of pets at prices that offer value to the consumer in the best packaging types and styles available. In addition to the best products, we strive to always provide the best service and support for its customers regardless of size or type.
Minimum Requirements for Production Worker
- High school diploma or GED required or equivalent skills and/or experience
Express Office: Grand Forks
3590 South 42nd Street
Grand Forks, ND 58201