Located in Portland, OR
Salary: $17.00 per hour and up, DOE
Job Openings: Material Handler
($250 Sign On Bonus after 30 days of employment! Ask our office for more information!)
Duration of Temporary Assignment: 6 months +/-, pathway to full time employment with Leatherman!
Shifts: Day Shift: 6:00am to 2:30pm (Monday-Friday)
(Occasional additional day(s) and overtime expected to support business needs)
Pay: $17.00 per hour and up, depending on experience
Leatherman Tool Group, Inc. is seeking two Temporary Material Handler for our world headquarters located in Portland, Oregon. Leatherman is the world leader in the design and manufacturer of innovative, high quality, compact, multi-purpose tools. We employ over 500 Team Members in our 90,000 square feet facility. Visit our website at: www.leatherman.com
The successful candidates for our Temporary Material Handler positions will handle, allocate and transfer material, equipment, kits, supplies and shortages that are required and conducive to maintaining an efficient material flow through storage, receiving, machining & assembly areas. Accurately maintain documentation, Kanban cards and inventory data within AX Dynamics (MRP system) and other information systems. Perform inbound freight receiving functions. Conduct cycle counts and first pass root cause analysis. Maintain continual flexibility to reprioritize work based on the needs of manufacturing.
- Receive and process shipments from raw-material and in-process vendors and off-site warehouse. Process paperwork for shipping and receiving of raw materials, components, and MRO items.
- Physically transfer materials weighing up to 50 lbs. to and from storage, receiving, warranty, maintenance, machining and assembly workstations.
- Perform basic transactions in AX Dynamics through scan gun and other systems to maintain accurate and timely inventory data according to work instructions and/or training.
- Locate materials and expedite part shortages within the plant that may be required for completion of assemblies or to feed constraint work centers in order to maximize capacity utilization.
- Prepare shipments of parts (including RTV parts) to send to vendors. Preparation includes stacking tubs, scanning, stretch-wrap and weighing shipments.
- Dispose of scrap materials to scrap bins and process scrap tickets.
- Utilize small hand tools and operates materials handling equipment including forklifts, skids, pallet handlers, hand trucks, and other similar equipment.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- High School diploma or GED required.
- One - Three years material handling or warehouse experience preferred.
- Ability to effectively utilize basic shop math skills.
- Basic knowledge of lean manufacturing principles and production systems preferred.
- Ability to read, comprehend and write English at a level to effectively utilize and interpret safety documents and work instructions.
- Forklift and riding pallet jack licenses required (onsite training at Leatherman).
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office software skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, & Internet Explorer) and MRP inventory module experience preferred.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continually required to stand; walk; balance; use hands to finger, handle, grasp, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms, some overhead. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb; twist, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must continually lift and/or move up to 30 lbs., and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. The employee must regularly push/pull an average of 125 lbs., and occasionally push/pull up to 250 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception. The employee must operate powered vehicles such as forklift and various lifts/hoists. At times the employee will handle hazardous materials such as chemicals.
Please Note: These are Temporary positions. You will have the opportunity to be considered for full time positions in the future. The Candidate(s) selected for these material handler opportunities will be hired on through Leatherman’s Onsite Temporary Staffing Partner Express.
Keys to Success: Excellent attendance, meeting hourly performance expectations, caring for others with a positive attitude, strong teamwork, flexibility to learn all processes. Leatherman & Express hopes you make the most of this incredible opportunity!
Core Values: We thrill our consumers with quality, products and service; We care about each other’s well-being; We share ideas, challenge each other and do the right thing; We respect each other, show humility and grow from our failures; We foster the development of individuals to reach their greatest potential
Pre-employment background check and drug screening is required. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Express Office: Portland (East)
10011 Southeast Division
Portland, OR 97266