Located in Medford, OR
Salary: $22-26 DOE
The Staff Accountant works directly with the Controller to maintain financial reports, records, and general ledgers; accounts receivable, accounts payable, banking, general bookkeeping, assist in annual reporting and accounting focused projects.
- Reports to work as scheduled and on time per policy with predictable regular attendance. Time away from work is approved and taken in accordance with established policies.
- Takes all reasonable steps to maintain confidentiality of all information related to patients, medical staff, employees, and as appropriate, other information, ensuring compliance with HIPAA mandates.
- Demonstrates positive interpersonal communications in dealing with all others. Recognizes and respects differences in the workplace. Demonstrates openness, sensitivity and commitment to the coworkers, patients, family members, and any other visitors.
- Maintains current knowledge of disaster policies and participates appropriately in disaster drills. Expresses and applies principles of body mechanics to prevent injury and accidents.
- Displays consistent commitment to customer service and teamwork. Displays personal behavior that has a positive impact for the team.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to staying current in field of knowledge, expanding knowledge and skill, and contributing to organizational success.
- Displays ability to work in an ever-changing environment and participate constructively in change processes.
Internal Accounts Receivable:
- Gathers monthly information regarding contract billing
- Retrieve information from sources including internal employees, outside customers, and the utilization of zVision.
- Create and send Canopy Invoices
- Invoice OAI for Prof / Billing fees
- Invoice all customer for passthrough expenses
- The point of contact for no-bills resulting in direct bill to facilities
- Point of contact of over-reads
- Records invoices in accounting system
- Maintains records and back up documentation for invoices
- Sends invoices to customers via preferred method
- Follow up on accounts past due
- Post all incoming payments from internal customers
- Prepares, balances and posts deposits for payment received from internal customers
- Prepares and processes accounts payable and ensures accuracy and timeliness of invoice entry.
- When entering payables into the accounting system, codes GL accounts and project class when applicable.
- Maintains accounts payable records.
- Manages payment type (credit card, ach, check payment).
- Completes AP for all related entities as needed.
- Enters new vendors into the accounting software
- Receives, reviews and processes check requests, employee and shareholder reimbursements and other related documentation
- Follows up on account statements and other discrepancies regarding payment of accounts; serves as a liaison between departments and vendors in the resolution of administrative problems and inquiries.
- Audits invoices against purchase orders and researches discrepancies.
- Prepares invoices and statements for director approvals
- Vendor Maintenance
- Entry of receipts charges, coding to GL and project class when applicable
- Manages payments on corporate credit cards
- Receives credit card receipts and reconciles against corporate credit cards monthly
- Main liaison and contact for Mastercard to resolve charge discrepancies and other issues as they arise
- Processes monthly and bi-weekly payroll (3 payrolls per month, two times a year 4 payrolls per month)
- Calculates, processes, and assist in processing final checks for employees
- Completes the pre-payroll checklist
- Completes the payroll checklist for EZ Labor and ADP
- Completes the HSA and FSA contributions
- Distributes payroll paystubs to employees
- Closes the payroll period in EZ Labor and ADP
- Preforms theT90 Report
- Maintains payroll supporting back up documentation for each payroll
- Process 401k contributions
- Record payroll journal entries
- PTO Audits/ Adjustment
Other accounting duties:
- Report daily deposit activity to billing
- Record deposits into accounting software
- Create and maintain accounting related spreadsheets.
- Assists with month and year end closing activities
- Opens, reviews and distributes finance department mail
- Process NSF returns
- Balances over the counter cash drawer weekly, prepares deposits, and prepares and sends necessary report to billing company.
- Logs, posts and balances petty cash; and processes requests for change.
- Scan/ file of:
- Bank Deposits
- Brokerage statements
- Scanning of documents onto the N Drive as needed
- Maintain refund check stock
- Record refunds in accounting software
- Maintain refund check tracking spreadsheet
- Assists in annual reporting:
- Unclaimed property
- 1099 processing
- SAIF Reports
- Other task and projects as assigned
Associate Degree in Accounting or related field, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Two years’ accounting related experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Possess basic math skills
- Ability to analyze figures
- Knowledge of GAAP
- Understands the technical application of accounting
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Strong computer and Microsoft Office skills
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Familiarity with accounting software
- Attention to detail
- Able to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Strong problem-solving skills, research and resolution skills
- Ability to multi-task, establish priorities and organize efficiently
- Looks for ways to improve processes
- Professional, pleasant, positive, cooperative attitude
Working Condition Requirements:
- Occasionally required to stand
- Occasionally required to walk
- Continually required to sit
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
- Frequently required to talk or hear
- Continually utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read technical information, and/or use a keyboard
Express Office: Medford
3523 Arrowhead Drive
Medford, OR 97504