Executive Assistant to The President
Located in Grand Rapids, MI
Executive Assistant to The President Summary:
A Christian global ministry is seeking a mission-driven and community oriented Executive Assistant to join their team to provide executive support in a one on one working relationship with the President. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for all matters pertaining to the Office of the President. The Executive Assistant also serves as a liaison to the board of directors and senior management teams.
Organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts; and oversees special projects. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Executive Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
Executive Assistant to The President Responsibilities:
Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the President including:
- Managing an extremely active calendar of appointments and completing expense reports.
- Composing and preparing confidential correspondence; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Create all the presentations and set up all the virtual meetings.
- Plans, coordinates, and ensures the President’s schedule is followed and respected. Provides "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the President’s time and office.
- Communicates directly, and on behalf of the President, with Board members, donors, Foundation staff, and others, on matters related to various initiatives.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the President, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the President''s office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
- Works closely and effectively with the President to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization and manages a variety of special projects for the President, some of which may have organizational impact.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the President''s ability to effectively lead the company.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
Schedule: 8:00am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday
Executive Assistant to The President Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred.
- Four years of professional executive administrative experience.
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in a variety of software platforms including Microsoft Office and MAC.
- Some Domestic and International travel maybe required.
- Strives to live a life consistent with biblical principles and demonstrate continued growth and spiritual development.
- Must be an approachable, enthusiastic, credible, innovative and most importantly a servant leader.
- Internal communication will require discretion and professionalism. A high degree of confidentiality and tact are required.
- Required to oversee projects in support of the Executive. May be required to give guidance or direction to others.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners, and donors.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Position Type: Full-time, Project based with potential to become long-term
Pay: $25.00-$27.00/ an hour based on experience
About Specialized Recruiting Group, an Express Employment Professionals Company
Specialized Recruiting Group, an Express Employment Professionals company, is proud to serve the West Michigan business community with a full offering of recruiting, training, and human resource services. Since we opened our doors, we have focused on not only helping companies find top talent, but also helping them develop and retain talent.
Since 1996, Express Employment Professionals of Grand Rapids has been empowered by our work of connecting people with great jobs and great companies. We are energized by our mission of helping people be successful. We love making a difference in people’s lives and careers. To us, it’s more than a job, it’s an opportunity. It’s belief in your abilities and in your talents and in you. It’s more than a job. It’s your future.
View all available jobs here.
Express Office: Grand Rapids
1760 44th Street Southwest
Grand Rapids, MI 49519