Located in Grants Pass, OR
Salary: $15-18 DOE
We are looking for a Facilities Maintenance Technician/Central Supply Aid to provide maintenance support for a Grants Pass medical building and grounds.
Maintenance Technician - Job Functions
Staff are expected to work as a team and address different situations as they arise, based on the situation and their scope of responsibilities. Although not inclusive, the following list of duties is representative of essential job functions:
- Performs scheduled service duties as outlined on daily, weekly, and monthly spreadsheets including but not limited to air filter evaluation, elevator and door sensor cleaning, air vents, recycling and trash receptacles, air filters, fire extinguishers and flashlight inspections.
- Maintains daily cleanliness of parking lot and facility grounds. Works with landscaper on plans and expectations as approved by CEO. Maintains timer settings for outdoor lighting according to the changing seasons.
- Evaluates and coordinates facility equipment and service needs and schedules for annual maintenance and repairs as required or needed for the HVAC system (heating, ventilating and air conditioning), electrical, plumbing and elevator systems, including ordering and replacing filters or other necessary items.
- Coordinates and monitors maintenance/facilities contracts or required annual inspection needs with outside vendors and updates the facility's logbooks accordingly.
- Has working knowledge of HVAC alarms, fire and elevator alarms, SOS building security alarms, and provides appropriate follow up communication to Management and/or CEO.
- Available to respond to after-hour calls regarding building outages and other emergent building operation issues.
- Maintains appropriate inventory level of maintenance parts, supplies and equipment and keeps work area organized.
- Performs pick up and delivery of various documents/medical records and other items to off-site storage units. Maintains organization and cleanliness of storage units and on-site storage shed.
The job holder must demonstrate current competencies applicable to the job position; these include knowledge of cleaning techniques, organizational skills, basic repair knowledge and building maintenance.
Central Supply Aide-Job Functions
Provide scheduled maintenance and routine procedures for the safe and effective functioning of designated clinic areas; cleaning of rooms, equipment, and furnishings to prevent contamination and present a clean environment for patients and staff; organization and distribution of supplies and instruments for use in the medical facility. Job Functions The following list is representative of duties but it is not all inclusive. Staff are expected to work as a team and address different situations as they arise, based on the situation and their scope of responsibilities. Although not inclusive, the following list of duties is representative of essential job functions:
- Check in deliveries, deliver packages throughout the clinic
- Check restrooms to assure proper cleaning and supplies
- Cleaning: Exam rooms, Provider’s offices weekly, dusting, cleaning/disinfecting chairs daily
- Restock, maintain cleanliness of Provider’s lounge & employee lounge areas
- Check soap sanitizer dispensers
- Pick up all biohazards, empty as needed
When requested, replies to questions from the Central Supply Supervisor regarding supply ordering, office files, and general department operations.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality of patient and business information. Adheres to all HIPAA privacy and security requirements and regulations. Complies with the Clinic’s Code of Conduct and professional expectations as delineated in policies and procedures including but not limited to appearance, attendance, and dress code requirements.
- Maintains a polite, courteous, and professional demeanor.
- Attends meetings as requested or required. Attends all annual Safety and HIPAA Privacy and Security training sessions.
Carries out routine duties and responsibilities with limited supervision. Makes decisions and establishes work priorities based on needs of the Department and established recommendations of the Supervisor. Duties may fluctuate with assignment to different areas within the Central Supply Department. This position is not responsible for directing the work of other employees.
High school graduate or equivalent combination of education and experience. Good oral and written communication skills. Must be able to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others and be able to manage priorities and variable workloads. Basic computer skills are required. Position requires valid Oregon driver’s license, insurance coverage, and vehicle.
Mental and Physical Requirements
- Extended periods on feet most of shift with much bending, stooping, and stretching. Requires lifting up to 50 pounds on occasion. Moving, walking, and climbing stairs during performance of duties. Eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity as required to operate basic tools and equipment, including ladders.
- Communication skills using the spoken English word. Ability to see and hear within normal parameters. Must be able to open and close overhead doors of storage units.
- Ability to cope with and manage situational, as well as usual and customary inherent work environment stressors. Ability to cope with and manage situational as well as usual and customary inherent work environment stressors
This position is fulltime Monday-Friday day shift. Wage is $15-18/hr DOE with great benefits after probationary period.
Express Office: Medford
3523 Arrowhead Drive
Medford, OR 97504