Custodian Substitutes needed in Ashland
Located in Ashland, OR
Express is hiring for multiple Custodian Substitutes in Ashland. This position completes a variety of tasks in the general care of school buildings and surrounding grounds. Provides safe and clean school buildings for students, staff, and community. Performs duties with minimal supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Employees in this position perform some or all of the following tasks. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Follows and maintains knowledge of all applicable District policy(ies) and procedures.
- Cleans and disinfects areas as assigned (i.e. rooms, halls, offices, rest rooms, cafeteria, etc.),
vacuums, shampoos, sweeps, scrubs, waxes, polishes, mops and buffs all types of floor surfaces.
- Dusts each room on a regular basis.
- Washes windows, white boards, walls, doors and baseboards.
- Cleans and polishes furniture, windows, metal work and computer screens.
- Maintains indoor and outdoor lighting.
- Washes, scrubs and disinfects restrooms and locker rooms as well as cleans sinks, fixtures,
panels and drinking fountains daily.
- Checks and stocks bathroom supplies.
- Cleans up spills (including bodily fluids) in safe and appropriate manner.
- Responds to special requests for custodial services from staff members with supervisor approval.
- Sets up, takes down and moves tables, chairs, equipment, shelving and partitions for meetings,
athletic events and other needs as assigned
- Locks doors and windows, turns off lights and secures buildings and property as assigned.
- Makes minor repairs (i.e., sinks, tiles, lockers, change light bulbs, etc.).
- Picks up trash.
- Empties and cleans waste containers.
- Maintains basic grounds keeping of school property, including mowing, trimming and watering.
- Reports safety, sanitary and fire hazards immediately to supervisor.
- While working collaboratively with others, implements decisions within ASD established policies and procedures.
- Professionally represents the school and the District in interactions with parents, community, staff, and students and resolves conflict in a professional manner.
- Works collaboratively with District and building administrators and other department staff to provide reliable service to customers.
- Communicate clearly with coworkers and other staff.
- Participate as an effective team member.
- Provide impeccable customer service.
- Interacts thoughtfully and courteously with students, staff, administrators and parents and resolves conflict in a professional manner.
- Maintains appropriate certifications and training hours as required.
- Attends work regularly and is punctual.
- Assists in maintaining an inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Assists maintenance department as necessary.
- Attends staff meetings and in-service trainings.
All school employees have some responsibility for supervising students and assisting in maintaining a safe environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. The equivalent combination of experience, training, certification, education or degree that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities may be used as an alternative to prerequisites. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED).
- Interpersonal Skills: Works well with others from diverse backgrounds. Ability to interact with
students, staff and community appropriately. Creates a warm and welcoming atmosphere for students and staff.
- Language Skills: Ability to communicate fluently verbally and in writing in English. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to follow written directions.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, schedule or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in a variety of situations.
- Computer Skills: General knowledge of computer usage and ability to use e-mail, database, spreadsheets and word processing software.
- Other Skills and Abilities: Ability to appropriately communicate with students, teachers, administrators, parents and members of the community.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Certificates as determined by the District including a current valid Oregon Drivers license and ability to obtain a valid CPR/First Aid card.
Position is classified as on call but will have the ability to work 30-40 hours a week. We have both day shift and swing shift available Monday-Friday.
Express Office: Medford
3523 Arrowhead Drive
Medford, OR 97504