Commercial Construction Project Manager
Salary range is $60,000 - $100,000
Monday - Friday
In office position with understanding they might have to report to a job site.
Will be overseeing multiple commercial construction projects from start to finish, develop project schedules, plan materials, and purchase orders, ensuring work is within outlined project scope.
- Responsible for qualifying sub-contractor estimates and bids, performing project buyouts, and managing subcontractors' progress against plan.
- Oversee the construction schedule, budget, and ensure project is completed within deadline and budget
- Perform a key role in project planning, budgeting, and identification of resources needed.
- Project accounting functions including managing the budget, tracking of team expenses, and minimizing exposure and risk in the project.
- Ensure all construction activities move according to pre-determined schedule.
- Devise the project work plans and make revisions as and when needs arises.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with the sub-Contractors responsible for completing various phases of the project.
- Periodic inspection of assigned construction sites.
- Ensure project documents are complete and accurate.
- Managing client and consultant meetings, and client approval of progress payments and variations.
- Proactively managing all issues in relation to site occupational health and safety to minimize accidents and lost time.
- Preparing any necessary workflow schedules and monitoring same to enable meeting of reporting deadlines
- Informing the Management team on the progress of work, develop strategies to promote efficient and cost-effective work practices and monitor and analyze work practices and cost factors within the project team, mentor, and train.
Construction Experience: 5 years (Preferred)
Project Management: 2 years (Preferred)