Located in Grants Pass, OR
A large electronics manufacturing firm in Grants Pass is looking for a full time Crimping Technician.
Summary of Position:
Attaching metal or plastic crimps to the ends of cut lengths of wire.
- Read Assembly Instructions / Cut Sheets for crimp requirements.
- Audit kits for wires, cables, etc.
- Give status of kit shortages to lead or supervisor.
- Measure wire from each bundle to check length.
- Place wire in crimp and operate foot pedal.
- Inspect crimp and wire for defects.
- Hand crimping and /or stripping as necessary.
- Fill out traveler paperwork.
- Identify quality problems and initiate necessary corrective action.
- Make suggestions on improving the process.
- Inspect other operators work as necessary.
- Have the ability to work with arms at shoulder level for extended periods of time.
- Able to distinguish colors.
- Have excellent manual dexterity.
- Able to lift and carry 25 lbs. on a repeated basis.
- Able to sit for eight (8) or more hours a day.
- Able to use various measuring devices (scales, micrometer, calipers) to verify product quality.
- Able to read small print.
- Must be able to work overtime and weekends.
- Perform special assignments and other duties as required.
Experience is preferred. This is a temp to hire position, 5am-2:30pm schedule. Lots of Overtime hours available. $12.75/hr.
Express Office: Medford
3523 Arrowhead Drive
Medford, OR 97504