Customer Service Representative
Located in Grand Rapids, MI
Customer Service Representative Job Summary:
An industry leading architectural signage company in Grand Rapids is seeking a Customer Service Representative to join their team. This position is a key position in the Client Service Department, providing comprehensive sales service and support to clients, outside sales representatives, inside sales team members, and production team members for the fulfillment of quotes and orders of products and services.
Customer Service Representative Responsibilities:
- Provide sales service and support to outside sales representatives assigned to sales territories included in territory assignment.
- Provide general customer service to any customer by providing phone service and support both directly and within automated call center environment; and by providing email service and support, for any customer related question, problem or concern.
- Maintain adequate understanding of customer’s ordering requirements, purchasing history, and product standards to confirm new order requirements, service and support.
- Facilitate requests for shop drawings, samples, color match requests, marketing material requests, custom price requests, adjunct product price requests, accounting requests.
- Maintain customer databases through systems by creating new accounts, setting up new customers, and maintaining customer records.
- Respond to quote requests received from customers, inside sales team, outside sales representatives, management or executives.
- Identify product requirements requested, confirm product solutions on product platforms.
- Identify service requirements requested and confirm services solutions.
- Prepare quote work order specifications for all products requested, confirming pricing accuracy and fabrication suitability.
- Prepare formal Quote document and submit to customer with professional communications and supporting documentation as needed to help facilitate purchase.
- Process orders received from customers, inside sales team, outside sales representatives, management or executives.
- Confirm all order requirements including product solutions and specifications, services solutions and requirements, pricing, purchasing information, etc.
- Prepare product orders for fabrication through systems including confirming all specification requirements, preparing necessary fabrication work orders, prepare / confirm copy schedule requirements, prepare / confirm shop drawing detail requirements, etc.
- Prepare services orders for fulfillment by confirming all service order requirements, coordinating associated product orders with services orders, confirming timelines and schedules, and communicating with customers.
- Coordinate order processing for all orders within assigned sales territories.
- Meet general order processing turnaround goals while facilitating special order requests as needed.
- Communicate with customers, sales staff and production staff as needed to answer production related product questions, eliminate ambiguity and ensure order accuracy.
Schedule: 8:00am -5:00pm Monday through Friday
Customer Service Representative Qualifications:
- College coursework, 2 years related experience, or an equivalent combination of both.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, basic math skills and solid reasoning ability.
- Previous experience in Customer Service is preferred. Previous signage industry experience is highly beneficial and may result in a higher starting wage.
- Previous experience with MS Office Suite and web-based software platforms with web browser interfaces such as Google Chrome.
- Possesses an energetic, outgoing, and friendly demeanor.
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
- Ability to work independently or as an active member of a team.
- Quick Apply Here
- Send Grace your resume: Grace.Kunnen@Expresspros.com
- Give our office a call: 616-281-0611
- Stop by our office: 1760 44th Street SW, Suite 10. Inside the Chateau Centre.
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Position Type: Full-time, Evaluation hire
What Makes Express Employment Professionals Different?
Express Employment Professionals is a local employment agency that has been helping people find great jobs in Grand Rapids since 1996. We focus on helping people find permanent, long term positions at some of the best companies in the area. Every week we are actively working with 130+ companies in the Greater Grand Rapids area.
Express has a wide variety of jobs available, including:
- Light Industrial
- Skilled Trades
Benefits of working with Express:
- Weekly Pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-Term Disability, and Life Insurance
- 401(K) Savings Plan
- Holiday and Vacation Pay
- Scholarship programs
- Free Online Training
For a complete listing of all open positions, visit:
Express Office: Grand Rapids
1760 44th Street Southwest
Grand Rapids, MI 49519