Mechanical Maintenance Technician
Located in temple, TX
Salary: $23.00 - $25.00/hr DOE
The Mechanical Maintenance Technician installs, troubleshoots and repairs complex mechanical equipment and distribution systems involving work of a varied nature.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs total productive maintenance (autonomous, predictive, preventive and corrective) of all facility equipment.
- Assists with diagnosis of problems and makes corrective breakdown repairs to machinery as necessary.
- Performs mechanical skill operations such as fabrication, disassembly-assembly of complex equipment, measuring, cutting, burning, welding and pipefitting.
- Repairs, aligns and/or replaces plant machinery.
- Reads, understands and applies mechanical and structural blueprints, hydraulic and pneumatic schematic diagrams and circuitry.
Skilled and Experience:
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of safety standards applicable to the work area and other pertinent rules and regulations governing the work activities.
- Knowledge of hazardous waste materials and safe handling procedures.
- Knowledge of standard mechanical procedures necessary to repair and maintain equipment (hydraulic, pneumatic, etc.) in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of Boilers and Steam Systems.
- Knowledge of parts, supplies and components required for mechanical maintenance.
- Skill in the safe and proper use of both hand and power tools.
- Ability to use welders.
- Ability to use a cutting torch and plasma cutter.
- Ability to read blueprints, schematic diagrams (Hydraulic & Pneumatic) and equipment manuals.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to maintain and clean and safe work environment.
- Ability to learn and utilize lower level computer programs (EXCEL, WORD, FAMIS)
- High School Graduate or GED
- Thirty semester hours of college may substitute for one year of required experience with a maximum substitution of two years.
- Two years of mechanical maintenance experience in the area of industrial maintenance, welding or a closely related field. Certification in mechanical maintenance or a closely related field from an accredited trade school may also substitute for the required experience.
Day Shift 7am to 3:30pm with a 30 minute lunch
Evening Shift: 3pm to 11pm
Graveyard Shift: 11pm to 7am
Work schedule will consist of 3 weeks day shift followed by 1 week of evening shift and 1 week of graveyard
In addition to submitting your online application resumes in Microsoft Word format can be submitted to:
Express Office: Temple
200 West Calhoun Avenue
Temple, TX 76501