Located in Mount Vernon, IL
We are looking for candidates with attention to detail and good dexterity for the position of an industrial painter.
Industrial painters are responsible for maintaining technical equipment for the job and ensuring that they are in working order, possessing a wide array of painting tools including thin and thick brushes, airbrushes, and rollers, and removing previous paint surfaces using masking or a chemical rinse, among other duties.
Industrial Painter Responsibilities:
- Painting buildings, houses, or cars.
- Cleaning surfaces prior to layering paint.
- Maintaining technical equipment for the job and ensuring that they are in working order.
- Possessing a wide array of painting tools, including thin and thick brushes, airbrushes, and rollers.
- Safely disposing of chemical waste.
- Utilizing different painting techniques based on the nature of the surface.
- Utilizing special safety equipment such as painting goggles.
- Using viscosity cups and thickness gauges to measure the amount of paint to be used and the texture of the paint.
- Removing previous paint surfaces using masking or a chemical rinse.
Industrial Painter Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Experience painting a variety of surface types.
- Proficiency with technical machinery.
- Physical strength to operate machinery.
- Diligence and attention to detail.
- Excellent dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
- Good organizational skills.
- Good verbal communication.
Express Office: Carbondale
1301 West Main Street
Carbondale, IL 62901