Heavy Equipment Mechanic
Located in Benton, IL
We are looking to hire an experienced heavy equipment mechanic to inspect, service, and maintain our range of heavy-duty construction equipment.
As a lead mechanic, you will be responsible for driving to the job site, inspecting engines and equipment, carrying out services, conducting repairs, and providing routine maintenance to the construction fleet.
Heavy Equipment Mechanic Responsibilities:
- Inspecting trucks, cranes, bulldozers, and other heavy equipment for proper performance.
- Diagnosing faults using computerized testing equipment.
- Adjusting equipment and replacing faulty parts.
- Repairing damaged equipment parts.
- Cleaning, lubricating, and conducting routine services on heavy-duty vehicles.
- Cleaning and servicing of machine attachments like winches, blades, and side booms.
- Performing major repair work when necessary.
- Consulting with other mechanics on smaller jobs
- Reporting damaged or faulty equipment to management.
Heavy Equipment Mechanic Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Certification as a heavy equipment mechanic.
- Proven work experience as a diesel or heavy equipment mechanic.
- Understanding of computer testing technologies.
- Ability to handle physical workload.
- Extensive knowledge of diesel engines and construction equipment.
- Good communication skills.
Express Office: Carbondale
1301 West Main Street
Carbondale, IL 62901