Located in Mount Vernon, IL
We are searching for a reliable, deadline driven MIG welder to join our team of skilled professionals.
The MIG welder's responsibilities include interpreting blueprints, selecting appropriate tools and metals, measuring, and assembling metal pieces, using cutting tools, determining gas ratios, drilling holes, and monitoring inventory
MIG Welder Responsibilities:
- Preparing metals and work surfaces to ensure safe and effective assemblage.
- Interpreting specifications and blueprints accurately.
- Training welding apprentices and mentoring recruits.
- Regularly cleaning and inspecting welding equipment and tools.
- Operating cranes and other machinery to transport materials to welding worksites.
- Determining correct gas ratios.
- Testing the strength of each join during and after project completion.
- Diagnosing issues and troubleshooting as required.
- Liaising with the line manager or supervisor, reporting any issues, and making suggestions for improvement.
MIG Welder Requirements:
- High school diploma or similar.
- A relevant certificate from a welding association may be required.
- Ability to handle physical workload.
- Sound understanding of welding safety.
Express Office: Carbondale
1301 West Main Street
Carbondale, IL 62901