Apartment Maintenance Technician
Located in Marion, IL
We are searching for a reliable apartment maintenance technician to oversee the day-to-day running of our apartment building.
The apartment maintenance technician's responsibilities include cleaning communal areas, and performing ad hoc painting, electrical, and carpentry duties. You should also resolve tenants' maintenance-related queries and complaints as they arise.
Apartment Maintenance Technician Responsibilities:
- Repairing and unclogging toilets, sinks, bathtubs, showers, and exterior drains.
- Replacing carpets and wooden floors.
- Installing and repairing wires, plugs, and switches.
- Painting communal areas and exterior walls.
- Disposing of trash found in communal areas.
- Tracking inventory to ensure that you have adequate maintenance supplies.
- Ensuring that fire extinguishers, hydrants, alarms, and emergency exits always remain in excellent working condition.
- Unlocking apartments in instances where tenants have lost or forgotten their keys.
- Scheduling repairs that warrant special technical skills.
Apartment Maintenance Technician Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prior experience as an apartment maintenance technician or in a similar role.
- HVAC, CMRP, or equivalent certification will be advantageous.
- Ability to handle physical workload.
- Dexterity and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
Express Office: Carbondale
1301 West Main Street
Carbondale, IL 62901