Located in Marion, IL
We are looking to hire an energetic picker to assist us in preparing orders for shipping.
The picker will utilize requisitions and order sheets to pick a wide variety of items, place and arrange items in containers and bins following specific instructions and arrange containers on pallets. The picker will check containers for damage, and confirm correct items and quantities are selected.
- Ensuring work areas are kept clean, neat, and well-organized.
- Packing incoming stock away, taking inventory and reporting shortages.
- Keeping records of incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Picking orders as requested by management.
- Sealing and tagging containers, confirming accuracy of orders and signing pick tickets to confirm.
- Ensuring correct shipping information is attached and moving completed orders to shipping area.
- Placing containers on pallets, and securing with stretch wrap, shrink wrap and strapping.
- Loading and unloading trucks by using totes, jacks, and forklifts.
- Assisting in maintaining security of warehouse.
- High school diploma, GED, or suitable equivalent.
- 1+ years’ work experience in a similar role.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work harmoniously with diverse range of people.
- Proficient with using tools required for this position.
- Physically agile and dexterous.
- Proficient organizational skills.
Express Office: Carbondale
1301 West Main Street
Carbondale, IL 62901