Located in Mount Vernon, IL
We are searching for a talented computer assistant to monitor, diagnose, and resolve technical issues associated with a range of hardware and software systems.
As a computer assistant, you will be required to help customers by setting up user accounts, installing operating systems, and provide training on new software programs, among other duties.
Computer Assistant Responsibilities:
- Responding to customer requests and emergencies as needed.
- Monitoring computer systems for malfunctions and errors.
- Performing maintenance and updates on hardware and software systems as needed.
- Installing new hardware such as computers, servers, and other peripherals.
- Installing and updating software such as MS Office, antivirus, and operating systems.
- Troubleshooting and diagnosing technical issues.
- Implementing repairs and updates based on diagnostic assessments.
- Generating error, diagnostic, and repair reports.
- Providing customers with training on the operation and maintenance of various computer systems.
- Keeping abreast of the latest developments in hardware, software, protocols, and diagnostic techniques.
Computer Assistant Requirements:
- Degree in computer science, information technology, or similar.
- CompTIA A+ or Network+ certification preferred.
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in information technology preferred.
- Valid driver's license and own transport preferred.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service even in stressful situations.
- Excellent analytical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
Express Office: Carbondale
1301 West Main Street
Carbondale, IL 62901