Located in Marion, IL
We are seeking a qualified and dedicated medical biller to join our administrative office.
In this position, you will be responsible for a variety of tasks requiring data analysis, in-depth evaluation, and sound judgment. Daily duties will include maintaining billing software, appealing denied claims, and recording late payments.
Medical Biller Responsibilities:
- Prepare and submit billing data and medical claims to insurance companies.
- Ensure the patient’s medical information is accurate and up to date.
- Prepare bills and invoices, and document amounts due to medical procedures and services.
- Collect and review referrals and pre-authorizations.
- Monitor and record late payments.
- Follow-up on missed payments and resolve financial discrepancies.
- Examine patient bills for accuracy and request any missing information.
- Investigate and appeal denied claims.
- Help patients develop patient payment plans.
- Maintain billing software by updating rate change, cash spreadsheets, and current collection reports.
Medical Biller Requirements:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a medical biller or similar role.
- Solid understanding of billing software and electronic medical records.
- Must have the ability to multitask and manage time effectively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding problem-solving and organizational abilities.
Express Office: Carbondale
1301 West Main Street
Carbondale, IL 62901