Director of Accounting and Operations
Located in Bend, OR
Salary: Competitive comp & benefits!
One of Central Oregon’s leading Regional Commercial Lending teams is seeking an experienced Director of Finance & Operations!
Where You Get to Live!
Bend, Oregon is the mountain town that has it all! Located in the shadows of the Cascade Mountains and surrounded by numerous lakes and rivers, Central Oregon is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise. Check out the sights and sounds of Bend at: https://vimeo.com/200038114.
What You Get to Do!
As the right hand to the CEO, the Director of Finance & Operations will play a critical role in the growth and culture of the organization.
- Review of deal structure, type and terms with sales team to understand risk profile.
- Oversight of loan processing to ensure all checklist requirements are met.
- Examination of all documents submitted for underwriting to include Preliminary Title report, budgets, appraisal, plans/specs of project to comply with company underwriting guidelines.
- Critical eye needed to review the Preliminary Title report to ensure appropriate endorsements, clear title with correct legal descriptions and any underlying debt/tax liens have been removed or subordinated to secure and insure collateral at closing.
- Final Budget review to confirm amounts are captured correctly on the Settlement Statement and borrower’s funds needed to close are appropriately stated and communicated.
- Knowledge of borrowing entity ownership, authority and state of organization/registration important to verify for loan document preparation.
- Detailed review of all loan documents that will be sent to escrow for signatures and recording.
Construction Project Oversight:
- Examination of draw request details to include conversation with Sr. Accountant to understand stage and progress of every construction project with strict adherence to contingency request guidelines.
- Approval of all bank wires for construction draws submitted on individual draw request forms. Approved draws/forms are then sent to Loan Processing for digital filing.
- Oversight and review of further requests made by borrowers for additional loan monies, extension to terms or other circumstantial events. Accepted changes to the loan terms are then documented appropriately and may require a Modification to the Deed of Trust to reflect and secure related details.
Banking, Capital Partners & Investors:
- Borrowing base review, quarterly reporting for covenant compliance
- Regular review of Sources & Uses to ensure cash flow needs, utilization and efficiency of capital.
- Communication with related bank and capital partners in support of our ongoing business needs and debt requirements.
- Investor relations, fund administration and oversight
- Participation program support, review of related documentation and investment terms
Finance & Accounting:
- NMLS licensing and compliance
- Semi-monthly multistate payroll, contractor payments, 401k and health benefit administration (to include annual benefit renewals)
- Oversight and review of monthly accounting to ensure compliance with GAAP, timely month end and year end reporting.
- Financial analysis, budgeting and forecasting in support of company performance goals.
- Audit preparation, review and publishing of annual financial statements
- Monitoring of taxation requirements, reporting and compliance in related jurisdictions.
- Evaluation and calculation of investor returns to include Excess Distributable Cash payments
- Review of all A/P disbursements, investor ACH payments/capital account redemptions, borrower loan funding’s.
General Office Management:
- Administration of general office needs, IT and phone support, team leadership
- System and process supervision in support of efficient workflow and risk management
What You Will Need:
- A minimum of ten years of experience in senior finance/accounting leadership role
- CPA license and previous audit experience strongly desired
- Previous experience in commercial lending environment preferred
- Proven experience leading a rapidly expanding organization in an ever-changing regulatory environment
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for growth!
To Apply: For confidential consideration, please submit resume to email@example.com
Express Office: Bend
61379 South Highway 97
Bend, OR 97702