Located in Lindon, UT
Maintenance Technician -$16-$25 DOE
A local Lindon company is searching for a Maintenance Technician. The Maintenance Technician is responsible for monitoring and maintaining the operation of all plant systems and equipment. Including but not limited to balers, conveyor belts, gearboxes, electrical motors, pulleys, shafts and bearings. This position must respond to all system failures by taking appropriate corrective action by completing or assigning the repairs needed to ensure that systems are operational and are functioning safely and efficiently. This position generally reports to the Plant Maintenance Manager. If you already work with truss even better.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs preventive maintenance inspection (PM); diagnose, repair, and rebuild major equipment/components including but not limited to balers, conveyors, hydraulic power packs, eddy currents, electro-magnetic belts, optical sorters, diverters, compressors, trash compactors, motors, glass breakers, wire tie systems, fans, pumps, forklifts, front-end loaders and building equipment.
- Maintains DEI (Daily Equipment Inspections) backlog.
- Establishes and adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules and advises Sr. Plant Maintenance Manager if additional work is needed or cannot be completed within the Standard Repair Times (SRTs).
- Inspects the quality of third-party repairs and or rebuilds.
- Recommends measures to improve production, equipment performance and product quality
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities.
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
- Ability to perform under limited supervision.
- Requires a flexible work schedule, which may include nights and weekends to support operating schedule and the needs of the facility.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate/OSHA Standards and performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
- Experience: 2 year(s) of relevant work. Preferred but not need it. Entry level ok.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Proficient in welding and fabrication.
- Have knowledge of single and three phase electrical systems.
- Have knowledge of electrical control systems.
- Have knowledge of hydraulic systems.
- Have knowledge of pneumatic systems, including air compressors.
- Safely operates tools and equipment needed during the repair and servicing of equipment.
- Diagnose defects and repair a variety of equipment and vehicles.
- Technicians are required to provide their own basic tools to perform routine maintenance and repairs of equipment.
To be considered for this position, please send resumes to email@example.com or call for more information at 801-374-9300.
Express Office: Orem
1041 South Orem Boulevard
Orem, UT 84058