Account Manager I
Located in Grand Rapids, MI
Account Manager I Job Summary:
A Grand Rapids area logistics and transportation company is seeking a Freight Logistic Coordinator /Account Manager to join their busy team. As a Freight Logistics Coordinator you will be responsible for managing the delivery of freight throughout the continental U.S. by utilizing a massive database of carriers to developing new relationships with new carriers to meet customer’s needs. This is an exciting and fast paced position that will require excellent organizational skills, time management, and attention to detail in order to be successful in this position.
Account Manager I Responsibilities:
- Reviewing, booking and scheduling loads to meet business needs.
- Entering and maintaining precise shipping and freight records.
- Developing carriers and negotiating freight rates.
- Monitoring shipments to ensure on time pickups and deliveries.
- Communicates with customer service regarding changes or delays in schedules.
- Communicate with freight carriers, freight forwarders, and brokers to track delivery and resolve issues.
- Determine method of shipment, shipping charges, and schedule pick-ups with freight carriers per customer’s specifications.
- Business development and relationship building with new and existing clients.
- Communicating with cross functional teams, and daily interaction with driver Agents.
- Updating applicable standard operating procedures as necessary.
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 9:30am to 6:00pm - Various 1st and Mid Shift Schedules Available
Account Manger I Qualifications:
- Previous account management experience in a busy, fast paced environment required.
- Truck loading and or logistics coordination experience is required.
- Problem-solving, organizational skills and decision making ability.
- Procedural mindset, ability to prioritize and understanding of quality management principles.
- Attention to detail and the ability to analyses data and understand connections.
- Able to handle a very fast-paced busy environment.
- Great customer service, personable, and able to work well with team members.
- Two-year degree required, Bachelor''s degree preferred, Experience often may substitute for education.
- Experience in the transportation industry is a plus.
- Advanced Microsoft Office experience is required.
Location: Grand Rapids SE, MI
Position Type: Full-time, Evaluation hire
Pay: $18.00-$19.00 an hour commensurate with experience and qualifications.
What Makes Express Employment Professionals Different?
Express Employment Professionals is a local employment agency that has been helping people find great jobs in Grand Rapids since 1996. We focus on helping people find permanent, long term positions at some of the best companies in the area. Every week we are actively working with 130+ companies in the Greater Grand Rapids area.
Express has a wide variety of jobs available, including:
- Light Industrial
- Skilled Trades
Benefits of working with Express:
- Weekly Pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-Term Disability, and Life Insurance
- 401(K) Savings Plan
- Holiday and Vacation Pay
- Scholarship programs
- Free Online Training
For a complete listing of all open positions, visit: http://www.expresspros.com/GrandRapidsMI/Job-Openings.aspx
Express Office: Grand Rapids
1760 44th Street Southwest
Grand Rapids, MI 49519