Located in Reidsville, NC
The Inventory Specialist role, under supervision of the Plant Manager, is responsible for inventory management. This is a hands-on position that requires the ability to work in a production/warehouse environment and office environment. Will interact with vendors, transportation carriers, and all levels of plant colleagues. Must possess strong organizational and communication skills, both written and verbal. Critical thinking skills and accuracy are necessary to perform essential job functions.
First Shift Schedule, Monday through Friday
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must follow all Safety Rules and Regulations
- Must actively participate in Safety
- Must attend daily safety Meeting
- Performs all required duties and tasks in a timely manner in accordance with accounting policies and financial control procedures.
- Physically count raw materials and plant supply inventories each week and determine if levels require reordering.
- Informs Production Scheduler and management of low material inventories.
- At month end, physically counts all raw materials and records data electronically.
- Completes all end of the month reports before corporate deadlines.
- Will train as back up to Customer Service and Production Scheduling positions and fill in for those roles as necessary.
- May require overtime work, coming in early or working late, as needed.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by Supervisor or Manager.
- College Graduate preferred
- High School Diploma required with at least 1- 4 years’ experience in related field.
- Knowledge of standard practices, concepts and procedures is desired.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Must possess strong organizational and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office software programs, especially Excel worksheets.
Express Office: Winston-Salem
159 Jonestown Road
Winston-Salem, NC 27104