Located in Temple, TX
Salary: $15-$18 DOE
In a fast-paced manufacturing facility, under the direct supervision of the department lead the Machinist sets up, programs, and operates conventional and special purpose machines to fabricate metallic and nonmetallic parts. The Machinist uses shop safety practices, blueprints, measuring instruments, and offline/online programming interfaces. This position may also use Metal Shear and grinders. This position requires previous machining experience (manual and CNC), good oral communication skills, listening skills, and ability to learn. Will require use of hearing protectors and safety glasses. With supervision, works independently and in cooperation with other employees. Operates forklift truck, overhead cranes, and hoists.
1. Comply with Shop and Department Safety Rules and practices.
2. Attendance- present at scheduled shift to perform assigned tasks.
3. Safely operate Machines, some hand tools and accurately read measuring tools.
4. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and carry for distances to 25 feet.
5. Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished workpiece, sequence of operations, and setup/programming requirements.
6. Measures, marks, and scribes’ dimensions and reference points on material or workpiece as guides for subsequent machining.
7. Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, materials, and programs on machines such as manual or CNC mills, lathes, saws, and drills.
8. Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut.
9. Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
10. Verifies conformance of finished workpiece to specifications.
11. Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings.
12. Fits and assembles parts into complete assembly.
13. Verifies dimensions and alignment of assembly.
1. Hours per day – 6 :00am to 4:30pm, Monday through Thursday, with occasional overtime.
2. Work Breaks - 2 10-minute breaks daily, 1 morning and 1 afternoon. 30-minute lunch break.
Work performed while:
Sitting - 5%
Standing - 95%
Kneeling, Bending, Stooping, Pushing, Pulling - 35%
Light - 1-15 pounds - frequently
Medium - 16-45 pounds - Frequently
*Any lifting over 50 lbs. requires assistance or use of mechanical device.
5. Carrying distance - Up to 25 feet frequently.
6. Environment - Temperature from 25 to 110+ degrees. Fumes, dust, humidity, noise.
6am to 4:30pm Monday to Thursday with occasional overtime
Express Office: Temple
200 West Calhoun Avenue
Temple, TX 76501