Located in Seaside, CA
Hardware store associate
The Sales Associate will assist in the receiving, stocking, pricing of all merchandise and help maintain a clean and orderly merchandise presentation and overall store cleanliness.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Provide a positive representation of the Client.
• Proactively assist customers in solving problems.
• Greet customers entering and throughout the store. Thank customers when finished and when they are leaving the store.
• Possess a friendly outgoing demeanor; work well with customers as well as associates.
• Ensure all pages and calls are answered promptly, courteously and effectively.
• Forward any customer complaint that cannot be handled to a member of management.
• Possess strong product knowledge and knowledge of store layout and location of products.
• Assist customers throughout the store with personal, customized service based on the premise of amazing every customer, every time.
• Assist in creating a positive, professional and safe work environment.
• Assist with receiving, checking in and stocking of merchandise throughout the store.
• Assist with maintaining back stock levels.
• Assist with daily maintenance, orderliness and cleanliness of the sales floor, stock room and outdoor merchandise area.
• Assist with providing a clean and orderly sales floor, including end caps and ad merchandise.
• Assist with merchandise resets through the store.
• Provide assistance to Department Specialists, i.e. price changes, special orders.
• Ensure signage is current throughout the store.
• Operate forklift with proper training.
• Communicate any Store Support Center issue to General Manager for follow up.
• Communicate any merchandising, cost control or sales idea to General Manager.
• Participate in store meetings.
• Be professional in appearance and actions.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
High School or GED equivalent.
Formal retail and construction experience preferred.
Standing, walking, lifting (up to 50lbs) and climbing.
Express Office: Monterey County
45 West Alisal Street
Salinas, CA 93901