General Ledger Accounting Manager
Located in Medford, OR
Are you looking for a career with a growing team? If so, this is the opportunity for you! We are searching for a General Ledger Accounting Manager. This is for a local manufacturing company that specialize in real time contamination monitoring systems and airborne particle counters.
About the Job: Managing a small team of general ledger and accounts payable specialists, this position oversees and performs a wide variety of duties in the Accounting Department, including primary oversight of monthly closes, operating budgets, accounts payable, and other functions as necessary. This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monthly General Ledger closes for the US parent company, including primary responsibility for the reconciliation of balance sheet accounts.
- Monthly accruals to support accounting in accordance with US GAAP.
- Monthly review and consolidation of overseas subsidiaries.
- Monthly reconciliations of intercompany accounts.
- Monthly updates to department expenses and comparison to approved operating budgets.
- Coordination of annual budgeting process with departments.
- Management of annual financial statement review with external auditors.
- Assistance with the preparation of income tax returns.
- Assistance to the CFO as necessary to research variances, determine the appropriate coding of expenses and other GL transactions, and ensure compliance with US GAAP.
- Good communication skills.
- Other general duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements, Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting. Minimum of 3 years of general ledger accounting experience in a leadership role. CPA or equivalent experience. Strong financial systems background, analytical skills, and sound understanding of accounting principles. Experience working with senior functional managers and peers across an organization.
- Must have a great “can do” attitude.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Outstanding problem-solving resolution and attention to detail, willing to lead by example.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Outstanding work ethic, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Takes initiative and works well independently.
Competitive benefits offered: Employer 401K match, Health benefits (Vision, medical, dental, disability and life insurance)
Express Office: Medford
3523 Arrowhead Drive
Medford, OR 97504