Located in Wilsonville, OR
Salary: $50,000 - $70,000
My Client is a well-known 35-year-old local manufacturer and due to retirement and growth, they are looking to add a Mechanical Designer to their team. They are a worldwide leader in providing size reduction technology and building environmentally impactful products.
The right candidate would have experience with solid works.
Would have exposure to design drafting heavy equipment.
Experience working with heavy metal (not just Sheetmetal)
The opportunity here would be to work for a company that is a leader in their industry that is making a difference in the health of our planet. Stability and a unique product niche. Has an impressive track record of tenure. Fast growth. Solid benefits and a 16% profit sharing. The successful candidate could move into Project management or into Senior Engineering roles.
- Craft layouts and develop designs to translate concepts into detailed shop drawings.
- Develop detailed component drawings based on layouts and concept drawings.
- Create and check drawings and models for accuracy and conformance to SSI drafting standards.
- Work with manufacturing personnel to find creative solutions to drawing problems.
- Research new product ideas and methods
- Proficient in AUTOCAD and SolidWorks.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Basic computer and calculator skills.
- Associate degree in mechanical engineering or engineering drafting (mechanical drafting preferred).
- Working application and knowledge of ISO requirements.
- 1 1/2 years’ mechanical design experience preferred
- Understanding of steel fabrication and machining practices and material properties.
- Extensive knowledge of statics and material strength.
- Ability to perform strength and material calculations and size hydraulic or pneumatic cylinders.
- Artistry to visualize and develop layouts from customer supplied information.
- Aptitude and willingness to be a self-starter.
- Professional appearance and ethics.
Job Conditions/Physical Requirements: Ability to safely work in and around an active dynamic fabrication shop environment. Work schedule is Monday through Friday, 40 hours per week.
Compensation: $50,000- $70,000 +16% profit share.
Apply: Email JohnFKohler@comcast.net
John Kohler | Professional Staffing Developer
Specialized Recruiting Group
Express Office: West Tualatin
19407 Southwest Martinazzi Avenue
Tualatin, OR 97062