Community Health Worker - Rural Communities
Located in Tacoma, WA
A Tacoma public health organization is searching for a Community Health Worker who can foster partnerships, provide quality customer service, and increase civic engagement with Rural Communities in need of vaccination information.
The Community Health Worker will provide outreach to members of the Pierce County rural community regarding information and opportunities to get the COVID-19 vaccine. Duties will include:
- Implement the health equity and rural outreach communications plans to increase vaccine rates in Communities of Focus and rural communities across Pierce County.
- Coordinate in-person and online outreach to share COVID-19 testing, education and vaccine clinic information. Ensure rural partners have testing kits, print materials, masks and PPE, and other COVID-19-recovery resources such as employment fairs, parenting and behavioral health resources, and family center events.
- Initiate presentations to answer questions and concerns about COVID-19. Provide further information and resources.
- Work with supervisor and Communications staff to recommend communications strategy and culturally appropriate messaging techniques.
- Attend weekly Communities of Focus team meetings in White River, Key Peninsula, and countywide COF meetings.
- Create, maintain, and update records and files; prepare spreadsheets; draft, proofread, and edit documents, contracts and correspondence.
- Lead preparing reports and presentations, including coordinating activities and attending relevant meetings; and distribution of culturally grounded and linguistically appropriate COVID-19
What we look for in a Community Health Worker:
- Advanced understanding of equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Experience living in a rural community
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent facilitation skills
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Advanced community engagement skills
- Strong collaborative leader
Position requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination subject to reasonable accommodations
For more information, please call (253) 475-6855, or email: Steven.Parker@ExpressPros.com
This is a contract position through the end of the year with the possibility of extension depending on need and performance
Schedule: Monday-Friday: 8:00am-4:30pm. Flexibility with scheduling is a must
Benefits of working with Express:
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Medical benefits
- Safety incentives
- Scholarship opportunities
Express Office: Tacoma
5821 South Sprague Court
Tacoma, WA 98409