CDL A Driver
Located in Milton, FL
Salary: $18.00 - $22.00
Description of Physical Tasks:
Keep shelves and vendors clean. Place product on hand truck or dolly (approximately 20 to 50 lbs per case). Pushes/pulls hand truck to machine or shelves and loads appropriate products. Climbing in and out of vehicle and proper lifting techniques.
- Must report to work on time and clock in and out at appropriate times.
- Ensure your truck is properly loaded at all times to prevent damage to the product.
- Count your product load out and in each day with the warehouse personnel making sure both are accurate and complete. Sign the Load-out and Load-in sheets.
- Make deliveries according to the route sequence that has been established.
- When possible avoid deliveries during retailers’ busy times.
- Ensure the product being delivered and that which is already in the account is properly rotated within the cooler, displays and backroom.
- All products within the retail accounts must be merchandised according to the guidelines established by the company. This includes front facing packages.
- Build, merchandise and sign displays as directed by the Salesperson(s).
- Ensure that paper and permanent POS is used in each account in the proper manner and quantity.
- Complete all the special attention items the Salesperson(s) or Channel Manager have communicated to you.
- Complete all paperwork correctly and according to established procedures.
- Collect all monies that are due for the delivery of product to the retail accounts and check them in according to established procedures.
- Safely handle all empties and unsold product to prevent damage.
- Attend all Safety and Drivers Meetings.
- Call on your scheduled accounts and merchandise them completely including product from backstock.
- Each morning prior to leaving the warehouse inspect your vehicle according to DOT regulations and adequate fluid levels.
- Maintain in a current status the DOT required logs.
- Obey all traffic laws when you are operating a company vehicle.
- Courtesy on the road is important at all times. Be polite to other drivers, it is a reflection on the image of the company.
- Park your truck so you do not interfere with the retailer’s customers.
- Ensure that your truck cab is clean and organized at all times.
- Ensure that your truck is properly serviced and repaired as necessary.
- At the last delivery stop load all empty pallets into one bay on each side of the truck.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with the owners, managers, and employees of all your accounts.
- Demonstrate a sincere interest in the business success of each account.
- Maintain open and clear communications with all owners, managers, and other employees of the company.
- Maintain open and clear communications with the owners, managers, and employees of all your accounts.
- Communicate to the Delivery Manager all new competitive activity in your accounts.
- Should you be unable to make a scheduled delivery to a retail account you must communicate the reason immediately to the Delivery Manager or Salesperson.
- After the completion of your scheduled delivery duties check with the warehouse office personnel for possible additional assignments.
- Ensure proper rotation is in effect in all your assigned accounts.
- Always be aware of code dates and pick up all product you are directed to by the Salesperson(s).
- Dress in uniform and maintain your personal appearance in a professional manner and according to company policy.
- Properly operate, protect from damage, and return all equipment that has been issued to you (i.e. radios, hand trucks, vehicles, etc.).
- Conduct all your activities within the guidelines of all company policies and procedures.
- Conduct all your activities in accordance to the local, state, and federal liquor control regulations.
- Report immediately to the Delivery Manager any traffic violations, on or off duty, that may affect your CDL or insurability when driving a company vehicle.
- Report all accidents and injuries immediately to the Delivery Manager/Safety Coordinator.
- Perform all your work activities in accordance to the established safe work practices, policies, and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
Express Office: Pensacola
7100 Plantation Road
Pensacola, FL 32504