Treatment and Machine Operator
Located in Grand Rapids, MI
Treatment and Machine Operator Job Summary: A local printing manufacturer is looking for a Treatment and Machine Operator to join their team. This company is adding another shift to accommodate business needs and is looking for individuals who desire a permanent position with the company. The Treatment and Machine Operator position requires a lot of training.
Treatment and Machine Operator responsibilities:
- Set up, adjust, and operate, platen press for foiling and embossing.
- Perform all make-ready tasks associated with the type of press operated such as examine dyes for imperfections and checks for correct positioning of images, adjusting dyes to register etc.
- Make necessary press adjustments prior to production run to meet and maintain the quality specifications of the work.
- Monitor quality and perform all required testing, make any equipment adjustments necessary to ensure customer quality is achieved.
- Perform housekeeping and preventative maintenance duties on all machines and work area to maintain a neat and orderly environment.
- Must demonstrate initiative in maintaining process and product production as well as participating in making improvements to the production process.
- Read and understand work orders, layout sheets, and other specifications prior to starting the assigned job.
- Consistently produce smooth runs by using basic mechanical aptitude.
- Responsible for timely and accurate completion of work.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned by direct Supervisor.
Schedule: 1st shift
Treatment and Machine Operator Qualifications:
- High School education or equivalent is required.
- 2+ years of solid work experience running industrial equipment preferred.
- Ability to read a tape measure with English measurements without error.
- Prior experience within printing environment is ideal.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task for maximum efficiency without sacrificing accuracy.
- Exhibits work ethic and commitment to attendance.
- Skillfully use hand tools or machines needed to preform task.
- Comfortable reading and comprehending written forms and instructions.
- Competency to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Works independently and/or in a team environment, cooperating with co-workers.
- Heavy work. Exerting up to 70 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position.
- Quick Apply Here
- Send your resume: email@example.com
- Give our office a call: 616.281.0611
- Stop by our office: 1760 44th Street SW, Suite 10. Inside the Chateau Centre.
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Position Type: Evaluation Hire
Pay: $15.00-$17.00/HR DOE
What Makes Express Employment Professionals Different?
Express Employment Professionals is a local employment agency that has been helping people find great jobs in Grand Rapids since 1996. We focus on helping people find permanent, long term positions at some of the best companies in the area. Every week we are actively working with 130+ companies in the Greater Grand Rapids area.
Express has a wide variety of jobs available, including:
- Light Industrial
- Skilled Trades
Benefits of working with Express:
- Weekly Pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-Term Disability, and Life Insurance
- 401(K) Savings Plan
- Holiday and Vacation Pay
- Scholarship programs
- Free Online Training
Apply today on the ExpressJobs app! Search for other great job openings in your area, build your profile, and apply, all from your mobile device. Available in the Apple App Store or Google Play.
For a complete listing of all open positions, visit: http://www.expresspros.com/GrandRapidsMI/Job-Openings.aspx
Express Office: Grand Rapids
1760 44th Street Southwest
Grand Rapids, MI 49519