Material Handler - 2nd shift
Located in Kernersville, NC
The Material Handler role, under supervision of the Production Supervisor, is responsible for assisting with tracking inventory levels of materials on each production line and supplying production lines with materials as needed. This position will clear finished products and waste from the production lines and move them to their designated area.
This is a 2nd shift position, with the hours of 3:15pm-3am.
The pay is $12.86/hr, and is a long-term opportunity, with a raise and benefits once hired on.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent required.
- At least 1 year of relevant work experience preferred.
- Must be willing to advance in skills and knowledge.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Ability to follow work instructions.
- Mechanical skills a plus.
- Physically able to lift up to 20 lbs repetitively, 30 lbs occasionally.
- Capable of working in a fast-paced production environment.
- Primary Accountabilities:
- Assist with wrapping and labeling product as needed.
- Removes debris generated in the paper recycling process.
- Operates lift truck as necessary. Perform lift truck safety check to ensure proper lift equipment operation.
- Complete various duties including: pushing racks of product by hand, operating stretch wrap machinery, daily housekeeping, etc.
- Learns other production jobs in order to fill temporary vacancies of regular workers during vacation, off days, etc.
- May be asked to assist operators with the maintenance of equipment as necessary.
- Maintain good housekeeping on line by sweeping work area, clearing waste/debris.
- All other duties as assigned
Must have a valid DL and reliable transportation.
Express Office: Winston-Salem
159 Jonestown Road
Winston-Salem, NC 27104