Industrial Lab Tech - 2nd Shift
Located in Herkimer, NY
Salary: $17 - $20
Metals company in Herkimer is seeking a 2nd Shift Industrial Lab Technician responsible for sample preparation and running laboratory equipment to test samples and perform analysis. The Lab Technician will focus on meeting safety and quality requirements as well as continuous flow of production. Lab Technician may also perform duties as an X-Ray Technician.
- Performs routine laboratory procedures such as samples logged in, preparation, melting, cut/lathe/polish, oil change, chemical reagent change, cleaning, setting up equipment, calibrating, analyzing, core-drilling, reserving dist. excess barrel when needed, etc.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work area in accordance with standard laboratory practice and procedures.
- Performs laboratory tests and produce reliable & precise data to support scientific methods to meet ISO Standard 9100 procedures and customer’s requirements.
- Ensure all data input/output is meeting quality procedures, chemistry specification, and purchase specification as necessary. Present to senior colleagues if any issues.
- Maintains lab records accordingly to the requirement time frame by ELG Quality Procedures.
- Identify and document any problems relating to product or process. Recommend solutions and verify the implementation as to initiate corrective action as required and assist key personnel in the resolution of problems to ensure that proper information flows to support defined goals and objectives.
- Keeping up to date with technical developments, especially those which can save time and improve reliability.
- Must work the necessary hours to keep production flowing.
Qualifications & Competencies:
- Associate's Degree in Science is preferred, or equivalent laboratory experience of 1-2 years
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with team members
- Ability to multitask in a fast pace environment
- Knowledge of lab equipment, measuring devices, etc.
- Excellent organizational skills
Shift: 3:00pm-11:00pm, Monday-Friday
Starting Pay Rate: $17.00 - $20.00+ DOE
Drug screen and background check prior to hire.
Please visit www.expressmohawkvalley.com to apply or contact Lori at Express Employment Professionals at 315-790-5723 for more information.
Express Employment Professionals is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Express Office: Utica/Rome
The Landmarc Building
118 Columbia Street, Suite 103
Utica, NY 13502