Par Pharmaceutical - Direct Hire Instrumentation Technician
Located in Rochester, MI
PAR Pharmaceutical, located in Rochester, Michigan, is rapidly growing and hiring an experienced Instrumentation & Calibration Specialist for their temperature controlled, aseptic production facility. Overtime, production bonus, and a top of the line benefit’s package are just some of the perks offered! This is a DIRECT HIRE position with a starting rate of pay of $44.92 per hour plus shift premium for off-shifts!
- Respond to a wide range of requests to install, troubleshoot, repair, calibrate, maintain, and commission the instrumentation and controls for GMP and non-GMP plant/ laboratory facilities.
- Utilize equipment such as pneumatic and electrical instruments for measuring temperature, pressure, pH, flow, power, and other analytical signals.
- Maintain and create instrumentation and control drawings using AutoCAD and Visio.
- Configure and troubleshoot PLC's (Allen Bradley SLC5/05, ControlLogix, and Honeywell S9000 PLCs), loop controllers, and relay logic.
- Design, install and evaluate new process control systems and associated equipment.
- Interface with customers for items requiring repair or limited calibration.
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance.
- Develop calibration procedures, with supervision, to meet the needs of the customer while supporting traceability of the measurements.
- Complete all documentation associated with position accurately and efficiently while maintaining a 5% or less error discrepancy rates.
- Document work on CMMS system.
- Specify and order parts.
- Perform some work in GMP and/or non-GMP areas while in clean room attire.
- May work rotating shifts and overtime as operational needs dictate.
- Adhere to all company policies and SOP’s.
- Highly prefer a Certified Controls Systems Technician Certificate (CCST) or a Precision Measurement Equipment Laboratory (PMEL) certificate from the Military.
- Must have an in-depth knowledge of electronic, pneumatic, mechanical, and hydraulic instruments and controls.
- Knowledgeable of ISO/IEC 17025 and ANSI/NCSL Z-540-1 requirements
- In-depth knowledge of PLC programming and PID control loop tuning/optimization.
- Be fully conversant with the use, design, and development of a wide variety of integrated control systems and instruments.
- Intermediate knowledge of metrology practices and theories in a particular discipline(s): electronics, mechanics, dimensional analysis, chemistry, thermometry, acoustics, and vibration,
- Must have completed a certified apprenticeship program in an instrumentation and controls trade, or have an AA degree or higher in a controls related field, or have several years’ experience as journey level instrumentation and controls technician or other technical program and a minimum of six years commercial or military experience in the field of metrology or instrumentation.
- Must be able to work rotating shifts and overtime as operational needs dictate.
SHIFT, COMPENSATION, AND BENEFITS:
- $44.92/hour PLUS a 7% shift premium! That’s $48.06/hour!
- 2nd Shift: 3:15pm – 11:45pm, Monday - Friday
- Extensive overtime opportunities specifically weekends and holidays
- Non-exempt position: Overtime paid over 40 hours, double time on Sundays
- Company performance-based production bonus ($2,500)
- Attendance bonuses (up to $1,500!)
- Premier Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance effective the 1st DAY OF WORK!
- 10 days paid vacation plus paid sick and personal time (prorated upon hire date)
- 401k with company match
- 12 paid holidays annually
- Internal advancement opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement (after 6 months of service)
- Union position ~ United Steel Workers Union
This is a direct hire, permanent opportunity! If you are qualified and interested in learning more, please forward a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.
Our client is an affirmative action employer and acknowledges its obligations on behalf of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
CCST, Certified Controls Systems Technician, Calibration, Metrology, Instrumentation, PMEL, Precision Measurement Equipment Laboratory, ISO/IEC 17025, ANSI/NCSL Z-540-1
Express Office: Rochester Hills
811 E South Boulevard
Rochester Hills, MI 48307