Apartment Maintenance Techs and Supervisor Athens, GA $15+/hr Techs, $24+/hr Supervisor
Located in Athens, GA
Salary: $15+/hr Techs, $24+/hr Supervi
- Maintenance Technicians perform a wide variety of maintenance, repair, grounds keeping and other interior and exterior maintenance duties for the community under the supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Maintenance Supervisor will oversee 3-6 maintenance technicians.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Show respect for residents and community staff at all times, providing excellent customer service
- Perform routine interior and exterior community maintenance as scheduled & requested; may include painting, snow/ice removal, gutter cleaning, replacing filters, working with trash compactor, etc.
- Perform routine maintenance and repair on community equipment to include: plumbing, light bulb replacement, A/C maintenance, electrical, carpentry and mechanical repair
- Respond to all repair requests and maintenance concerns from residents and staff
- Report equipment malfunctions or breakdowns as well as any hazardous conditions to the Maintenance Supervisor in a timely manner
- Maintain resident privacy and receive proper authority prior to entering resident apartments
- Ensure that all maintenance items are kept in a safe area to prevent injuries to residents, associates, and visitors
- Attend in-service training and education sessions, as assigned
- Work with vendors as instructed, such vendors for landscaping, painting asphalt, etc.
- Must follow all safety/OSHA Requirements
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Basic understanding and ability to repair HVAC, plumbing, electrical, basic carpentry and mechanical systems
- Available to work days and evenings, weekdays, and weekends
- Must demonstrate ability to provide exceptional customer service
- Must demonstrate ability to successfully work on a team
- Must be able to clearly communicate both orally and in writing
- Experience managing vendors
- CPO certification - preferred
- EPA Certification
Education & Experience:
- High School degree or equivalent
- 1-3 years previous maintenance experience desired preferably in a similar facility
- HVAC, EPA and/or CPO certifications may be required in many communities, based on staffing levels
- Monday-Friday, 9am-6pm, with some weekends
- Overtime will be required as needed for afterhours maintenance calls
- Maintenance Technician - $15+/hr depending on experience
- Maintenance Supervisor - $24-27+/hr depending on experience
If interested please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 706-548-0625, ext. 202.
Express Office: Athens
824 Hawthorne Avenue
Athens, GA 30606