Located in Woodland, WA
Salary: $22.60-$23.29/ hour
Express is recruiting for an Administrative Clerk III for a temporary (2 month) opportunity with our Woodland client. The successful candidate will have prior administrative experience and be comfortable working in with the public. Experience using MS Access is strongly required.
Compensation is $22.60- $23.29 per hour.
Schedule is Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm.
- Receive cash payments
- Coordinate, process and manage accounts receivables
- Process daily bank deposit and reconciliation of cash drawer
- Coordinate, process, and manage contracts, agreements, etc.
- Assist with the rental of facilities to include collection of fees and reimbursements.
- Assists in accounts payable processing and in payroll processing and knowledge of the payroll system though cross-training (as assigned)
- Develop, program, and oversee the maintenance of the web site; create graphics, images, page layouts, text and links for web site.
- Create and design various forms, stationary, logos, etc. for departments using software such as Adobe Photoshop, Pagemaker, Publisher, etc. (as assigned)
- Create and coordinate various newsletters, notices, etc.
- Coordinate, process and maintain inventory/fixed asset system by use of Microsoft Access database system (as assigned).
- Coordinate supply ordering for various departments
- Organize and compile packets (paper and electronic web-based) for various meetings as required (as assigned)
- Word processing duties as assigned, including transcribing of minutes of various meetings as needed (as assigned).
- Develop forms for various departments.
- Clearly and concisely communicate to gather or provide information, procedures and/or policies.
- Greet walk-ins, answer multiple telephone lines, and route calls in a professional manner, answer general questions and/or record messages and refer to appropriate staff when assigned.
- Retrieve and sort incoming mail. Place postage and deliver to post office outgoing mail.
- Attend meetings, take minutes, and other various duties as assigned, as needed.
- Ability to communicate and handle situations where the customers may be agitated or angry
- Visual and manual abilities associated with clerical computer work in an office setting.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to understand and follow through with verbal and written instructions and able to look to other sources for additional guidance.
- Mobility requirements relate to the ability to file and obtain access to telephone, computers, fax, copiers and other office equipment.
- Proficient and independent performance of a variety of assignments for various departments on a regular and recurring basis.
- Within established guidelines, independently organize and prioritize workload to meet stringent timelines.
- A high level of time management skills, position dictates interruptions on a frequent basis.
Work Experience and Education:
- High school graduate or GED equivalent, and
- Two (2) years experience on a PC with proficiency in Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, (and desire some experience with Access); and
- Two (2) years of clerical experience with progressive responsibility and emphasis on public contact; and
- Knowledge and experience with computerized accounting; and
- Knowledge and experience with publishing software (Adobe, Frontpage, Dreamweaver-preferred); or
- Any equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Ability to fluently speak, read, and write the English language.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to organize work for maximum efficiency.
- Ability to work independently from general instructions and broad work expectations.
- Ability to work cooperatively as a member of a service oriented team.
- Operational characteristics of Microsoft Access database environment including procedures involved in data integration.
- Knowledge of operational characteristics of various computer systems, applications and peripheral equipment including Windows, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access.)
- Methods and techniques of web page design.
- Ability to take, receipt and balance cash payments and prepare deposits
- Knowledge and experience with payroll processing
- Knowledge of the procedures and services of the assigned work unit.
- Knowledge of general office practices and procedures.
- Skill in communicating and presenting a positive, professional image of city services.
- Skill in operation of a variety of office machines including a computer, typewriter, cash register, postage meter, fax, copier, 10 key adding machine, base radio, and pager.
- Accurate typing of at least 50-60 wpm.
- Knowledge of, or ability and interest in acquiring knowledge of legal, administrative, and procedural policies and regulations pertaining to city government.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles and procedures.
- Ability to work under pressure.
Apply online or at our office:
Express Employment Professionals can help you find the job that is a good fit for your needs and abilities, and you’ll never pay a fee for our services and support.
Felicia and Kasie eager to serve as your contact for this position, as well as many others in our area. Take the first step toward your success. Apply with Express today!
Our location: 1208 Washington Way Ste 130 - Longview, WA 98632
(360)225-0700 or (360)414-1200
Need more information about this Administrative Clerk III job?
Contact Felicia Wilde or Kasie Stecker, our Administrative and Professional Staffing Consultants at (360) 414-1200, or by email email@example.com. Please add “Administrative Clerk III” to the subject line of your email.
Benefits of working with Express:
- Medical benefits
- Sick Pay
- Referral bonuses
At Express, we will assess your skills; offer you interview and resume writing tips, and work with you to find a job that fits your needs and abilities. You will never pay a fee at Express and you will have the opportunity to earn benefits. We have more than 200 jobs available every month and we want to talk to you! To find our more, contact us today!
- Call Express Employment Professionals at 360-414-1200 to speak with a hiring manager for a phone interview (Mon-Fri, 8am to 5:00pm)
- Text "Jobs" to 360-414-1200
- Complete the application on our website www.expresspros.com/longviewwa
- Submit your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
"All employment offers are contingent on the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screening and criminal background check in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws."
Express Office: Longview
1208 Washington Way
Longview, WA 98632