Controller - CFO
Located in Bend, OR
Salary: Competitive comp & benefits!
One of Central Oregon’s leading team is seeking an experienced Controller to join their team!
Where You Get to Live!
Bend, Oregon is the mountain town that has it all! Located in the in the shadows of the Cascade Mountains and surrounded by numerous lakes and rivers, Central Oregon is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise. Check out the sights and sounds of Bend at: https://vimeo.com/200038114
What You Get to Do!
To oversee all phases of accounting, government regulations, taxes, employee benefits programs, personnel, payroll, insurance, computer and special projects.
- Supervise and over-see functions of Accounting Department.
- Prepare monthly financial statements and tax returns.
- Assist in preparing year-end financial statements.
- Prepare income tax returns and consult on income tax issues for all entities and owners.
- Prepare year-end financial statements in conjunction with outside C.P.A.
- Manage company financing.
- Maintain accounting information on future plans and related entities and recommend mutual fund investments (i.e. profit sharing, all properties).
- Maintain current knowledge of legalities regarding collections, taxes and government regulations.
- Prepare personal property tax returns and conduct midsummer limited inventory for personal property taxes.
- Prepare bid package and work with potential vendors to provide quotes on Business Liability, Auto, Equipment and Health insurances.
- Oversee changes in policies (i.e. auto additions and sales).
- Coordinate all claims and potential claims, working directly with company employees, insurance agents and company adjustors.
- Monitor documentation and progress of all claims.
- Oversee rehabilitation process for employees on disability leave.
- Work with carrier on determining pay-outs on employee claims.
- Work with carrier loss prevention specialist, scheduling facilities inspections and follow-up.
- Communicate information to employees and answer questions regarding coverage and claims
- Maintain security of employee personnel files
- Supervise writing and updating of employee handbook
- Maintain current knowledge regarding legalities of hiring, firing, wages and hour laws
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- At least seven years of professional accounting leadership experience
- Human resources experience preferred
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficient in MS Office and accounting software
To Apply: For confidential consideration, please submit resume to email@example.com
Express Office: Bend
61379 South Highway 97
Bend, OR 97702