Cooks - $17/hr Downtown Hospital
Located in Birmingham, AL
Salary: $17/hr TO START
$17/hr DIRECT HIRE PERMAMENT PLACEMENT with Full benefits, retirement plan, etc.
Multiple full-time openings, 5:30 am & 12:30 pm shifts. Will rotate Holidays and will work 2 weekends and off 1. Downtown Birmingham healthcare facility.
You will prepare and cook food items for patients, visitors & staff, using specialized equipment; will also communicate recipe and production issues to supervisors. Will also...
- Handle all food according to proper guidelines during preparation and storage
- Maintain a safe, clean and sanitary work environment
- Operate all equipment properly, including assembly, care & maintenance
- Process cash transactions per proper procedures
- Must have HS diploma or GED
- Min. ONE YEAR experience as a cook (back of house, upscale restaurant)
- MUST be dependable – show up on time, ready to work
- Good communication skills; able to collaborate and practice teamwork to meet patient needs
- Physically able to do the job; able to work on your feet, lift items as needed, etc.
- Willing to do pre-employment TB test, and to get flu shot every year (flu shot provided by hospital)
- Willing to go through health department's food handler certification within 14 days of starting (you are paid during training class, fees paid for by hospital)
- HEALTH DEPT REQUIREMENT: no jewelry except wedding band; no false nails
- Black pants required (or cook pants); top provided. Non-slip, close-toed leather shoe (no canvas).
- Drug-free; background check required
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU...
- Apply online - click "APPLY NOW" button below - We WILL call you back!
- or call us at 205-981-1141 to discuss your interest and qualifications
- or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to put "Cook - Hospital" in the email subject.
About Express Employment Professionals:
Express – Birmingham SOUTH, is a customized recruiting and staffing firm that can help you find the type of job that is a great fit for your needs and abilities - and you’ll NEVER pay a fee for our services and support. Whether you’re looking for a full-time position, part-time work, or a more flexible schedule, Express can place you in a wide range of jobs that meet your employment goals.
We help associates find work in administrative, commercial and medical positions - professional search, direct hire, temporary, temp to hire (evaluation hire), contract staffing. And if you're on a temporary, evaluation hire, contract or other assignment through Express, you can immediately take advantage of healthcare benefits, accrued holiday pay, 401k and accrued vacation pay.
Express Office: Birmingham (South)
200 Cahaba Park Circle
Birmingham, AL 35242