Food Runners - Evening shifts- Downtown Hospital
Located in Birmingham, AL
Salary: $11 to start. $13 in 90 days
$11.00 /hr. to start; raise to $13.00 after 90 day evaluation period. Full benefits, retirement plan, etc.
Entry level openings - downtown Birmingham healthcare facility. Full & part-time positions. Will rotate weekends and holidays.
PM SHIFTS: 11:30am -8pm, 12:30pm -9pm,3pm-8pm,4pm-9pm
You will be doing the following:
- Picking up food orders and delivering to patients in their rooms
- Fulfilling food orders on the food line (filling orders)
- Serving food in cafeteria areas to patients, visitors & staff
You will also be receiving, storing, preparing and assembling food orders, following safe food handling practices; operating dish machine, scrubber, other kitchen equipment.
- MUST be dependable – show up on time, ready to work
- Courteous & polite - good customer service & verbal communication skills
- Physically able to do the job; able to work on your feet, lift items as needed, etc.
- Willing to do pre-employment TB test, and to get flu shot every year (flu shot provided by hospital)
- Willing to go through health department's food handler certification within 14 days of starting (you are paid during training class, fees paid for by hospital)
- HS diploma or GED preferred
- HEALTH DEPT REQUIREMENT: no jewelry except wedding band; no false nails
- Black pants required; top provided. Non-slip, close-toed leather shoe (no canvas).
- Drug-free; background check required
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU...
- Apply online - click "APPLY NOW" button below - We WILL call you back!
- or call us at 205-981-1141 to discuss your interest and qualifications
About Express Employment Professionals:
Express – Birmingham SOUTH, is a customized recruiting and staffing firm that can help you find the type of job that is a great fit for your needs and abilities - and you’ll NEVER pay a fee for our services and support. Whether you’re looking for a full-time position, part-time work, or a more flexible schedule, Express can place you in a wide range of jobs that meet your employment goals.
We help associates find work in administrative, commercial and medical positions - professional search, direct hire, temporary, temp to hire (evaluation hire), contract staffing. And if you're on a temporary, evaluation hire, contract or other assignment through Express, you can immediately take advantage of healthcare benefits, accrued holiday pay, 401k and accrued vacation pay.
Food host, hostess, server, room service
Express Office: Birmingham (South)
200 Cahaba Park Circle
Birmingham, AL 35242