Machine Operator 1st and 3rd
Located in Glen Rock, PA
Salary: $14.00 to $14.50/Hr
Hours: Monday through Friday, 1st shift 7a-3:30p, 3rd shift 11p-7a – 30 mins paid lunch is included
Job Description: Key is for our associate to show up and have a great attendance
Technical Job Functions
- Operate machine or multiple machines.
- Complete paperwork as required.
- Understand and follow in-process control plans.
- Communicate with set-up personnel to keep machine running.
- Inspect, gauge, and package production as required.
- Generate MDR’s and SDR’s as required for any product out of specification.
- Report production run during shift as required.
- Make bar code labels.
- Use computerized scales to weigh parts to packaging specifications.
- Practice good housekeeping.
- Follow safety requirements for designated areas and associated duties.
- Be quality minded and production oriented.
- Maintain attendance standards in accordance with Attendance Policy.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic computer skills.
- Capability of using various inspection equipment.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to operate the bar code labeling systems, complete work instructions, perform part identification, understand, and apply manufacturing specifications, and train new employees.
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately orally, in writing or electronically.
- Ability to communicate work goals, progress and changes as required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and depth perception.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and risk of electrical shock, extreme heat, vibration, and humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. (Stamping Department requires the use of ear plugs).
Ways to Apply:
- CALL TODAY FOR A PHONE INTERVIEW 717-718-HIRE (4473)
- Resumes may be emailed to Jobs.YorkPA@ExpressPros.com
- Stop by our office at 2210 E. Market St. York, Pa 17402
About Express Employment Professionals:
Express can help you find the type of job that is a perfect fit for your needs and abilities, and you’ll never pay a fee for our services and support. Whether you’re looking for a full-time position, part-time work, or a more flexible schedule, Express can place you in a wide range of jobs that meet your employment goals including Administrative, Commercial, and Professional positions. Benefits available to Eligible Express Associates:
- Medical Plan/Dental Plan
- Holiday Pay (6 Days Observed)
- 401 (k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Vision/Eyewear Plan
- Vacation Pay
- Life Insurance
- Prescription Drug Reimbursement
- Short-Term Disability
- Referral Bonuses
For a complete listing of all open positions, visit www.expresspros.com
Express Office: York
2210 East Market Street
York, PA 17402