Located in Temple, TX
Salary: $17.00/hr and up DOE
Express Employment Professionals is looking for experienced Welders in the Temple Texas Area!
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promote and adhere to the Core Values and Behavior Code.
- Capable of setting up and operating semi-automatic and fully automatic welding equipment.
- Ability to weld in various positions – flat, vertical and horizontal.
- Proficient in operating welding related equipment such as positioners, jig fixtures, and cutting equipment.
- Proven ability to read blueprints, drawings and specifications.
- Experience reading, understanding and adhering to established weld procedures.
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment and processes based on drawing requirements; plan welding sequence to maximize efficiency and control distortion.
- Demonstrate proficiency and attain qualifications in four welding processes; SMAW, GMAW, SAW and FCAW. Must be able to pass a restricted accessibility test in the GTAW process.
- Skilled in carbon arc cutting.
- Ability to operate material handling equipment especially a jib hoist, a manlift and an overhead crane with supervision.
- Ability to inspect welded surfaces to ensure welds meet the minimum size and visual acceptance criteria.
- Follow proper material control procedures and record keeping.
- Must be able to pass company Symbol test with a score of 75% or above.
- Responsible for achieving good speed of execution while maintaining quality workmanship.
- Maintain work area, equipment and supplies in a neat and orderly condition.
- Demonstrate and promote teamwork with team members at all levels in the organization to solve problems and improve processes.
- Continually learn from team members and strive to develop personal and professional skills.
- Required to wear appropriate PPE as required by job duties.
- Promote company goals with a focus on Safety, Quality, and Production.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Experience using a variety of welding equipment and procedures.
- Experience with electrical and manual tools.
- High school diploma or equivalent, technical training or apprentice certification desired.
- Minimum of 3+ years manufacturing welding experience.
Certifications and Licensing:
SMAW, GMAW, FCAW, SAW a plus.
Monday to Thursday 6am to 4:30pm
$17.00/hr and up DOE
In addition to submitting your online application resumes in Microsoft Word format can be submitted to:
Express Office: Temple
200 West Calhoun Avenue
Temple, TX 76501