Located in Hebron, IL
Are you looking for a challenging opportunity to update equipment and processes within a company? Are you looking to challenge your skills? This is the company for you!
Our client in McHenry County is hiring an Automation Engineer for their team!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBIITIES:
- Must be able to lead a team and give direction throughout the course of a project, including multiple projects simultaneously.
- Understand the design, program and debugging of PLC, HMI and robot software.
- Must have solid software and hardware troubleshooting skills
- Assist outside contractors to ensure quality and function of electrical systems.
- Ability to quickly analyze data and present conclusions.
- Ability to perform all expected tasks under general supervision.
- Strong follow-up and organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Management of assigned projects, including responsibility for budget and timeline
- Experience with automation design, troubleshooting, working with vendors.
- Coordination of all activities on assigned projects, ensuring on-time completion
- Work closely with customers, vendors and internal stakeholders during project execution
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Lead continuous improvement projects related to existing products, processes and equipment.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related years of experience required.
- Experience in Injection Molding, Automation and high-volume manufacturing preferred.
- Experience working with design vendors including holding them accountable to specifications and project requirements
- Independently tests, analyzes and solves technical problems
- Possesses excellent time management, prioritization abilities, and strong project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (verbal and non-verbal), and presentation skills.
- Highly motivated, detail-oriented, and eager to drive needed change.
- Demonstrated ability to autonomously make strategic decisions.
- Must possess comprehension and reasoning skills used to understand and collect data, interpret technical instructions, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to use MS Office Tools such as Word, Excel, Project (or other project management software).
Automation Engineer Qualifications
- Manufacturing Automation Engineer with 3-5 years experience
- BS in Engineering or equivalent
- Lean manufacturing practices ( Kanban, Poke-Yoke, JIT, Value Stream Mapping)
- Tool and fixture design and GD&T
- Strong Project Management skills
- Understanding and functional knowledge of PLC’s, low voltage controls, three phase power distribution, vision systems. Electronic sensors, pneumatics, hydraulics and robotics
- Machine specification and purchase order writing
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration capabilities
- Design and application knowledge of ergonomic and machine safety standards
- Autocad/Solidworks/MS Office suite
- Strong Communication skills (written and public speaking)
If this Automation Engineer position sounds like the job for YOU, DON’T DELAY APPLY TODAY or call Annemarie at our office at 815-788-8556 for more information!
Express Office: Crystal Lake
580 East Terra Cotta Avenue
Crystal Lake, IL 60014