1st Shift Mechanical Assembler (Permanent Position)
Located in Troy, MI
A leading manufacturer of automated components and plane bearings is hiring a Mechanical Assembler for their state-of-the-art manufacturing facility located in Troy, MI. Established over 30 years ago, this custom job shop has an average employee tenure of 15 years and pays 100% of it’s employees medical insurance plus a production-based bonus.
This is a full-time opportunity offering hands on training, substantial overtime, a competitive hourly wage, and stable, long-term employment within in a newly renovated manufacturing facility.
Required Skills, Shift and Compensation:
- Using a blueprint, you will assemble and build mechanical components using hand and power tools.
- Must Have:
- Mechanical aptitude and critical thinking skills
- Comfortable using hand and power tools such as impact wrenches
- Basic computer skills
- Strong attendance record
- A desire to learn
- Ability to read a blueprint or schematic is a huge plus but not required
- Pay Rate:
- $18.00/hour depending upon experience
- Performance and compensation review after 90 days of employment and semi-annually thereafter.
- Flexible start between 5:00am – 8:00am, working until 4:30pm, Monday – Friday
- Saturdays are based on business conditions and start between 5:00am – 8:00am, usually ending around 11:30am.
- Overtime is lenient and they strive to offer a flexible schedule as much as possible.
- Current business conditions are driving 56-hour work weeks however, they typically average 45-47 hours per week.
- Never work on Sundays!
- Training will be provided as will all tools needed to perform the job
- In person interview and shop tour required
- Prefers to hire on a contract to hire basis (90 working day contract period)
This is a long term, permanent opportunity with a full benefit’s package offered upon direct hire including 100% employer-paid Blue Care Network Health Insurance, Production Bonus, Paid holidays and vacation time, annual compensation/ performance reviews, 401k with employer match, and internal advancement opportunities.
If interested, please forward an updated copy of your resume to Jobs.RochesterHillsMI@ExpressPros.com for immediate consideration.
Express Office: Rochester Hills
811 E South Boulevard
Rochester Hills, MI 48307