Material handler 2nd shift
Located in York, PA
Length of assignment: Evaluation Hire (temp to hire) depending on job performance, attitude, and attendance.
- Material Handlers are responsible for lift truck operation, receiving storing, shipping and general warehouse maintenance and functioning. Material Handler tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
- Operate required lift trucks and other material handling equipment safely and efficiently.
- Perform operator maintenance on designated equipment and properly complete maintenance checklists.
- Unload inbound carriers. Be able to complete receiving documents and to do required checks when needed. Write proper markings on product and segregate items as needed
- Load outbound carriers. Be able to load a carrier properly and with the product designated on the appropriate bill of lading. Know how to correct outbound documents for authorized changes.
- Properly and accurately pick orders. Know how to read pick list and Bill of Lading’s and how to mark pallets/units with designated consignees or Bill of Lading numbers according to directions from warehouse leaders. Comply with FIFO, date codes, and other stock rotation requirements.
- Properly store product according to directions from leaders and in accordance with appropriate safety policies. Be able to complete documents and accurately record locations of stored product. Ensure proper stock rotation.
- Stage product from carriers or storage to staging areas. Mark and prepare product for shipment.
- Perform warehouse labor as required to include, but not limited to; warehouse clean up, general labor for service of accounts, manual load/unload of carriers, product salvage and reclamation, sorting and segregating of product and so forth. Lifting requirements may be as much as 50lbs.
- Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area. Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse.
- Assist in physical inventories. Make appropriate reports and records as required by warehouse leaders. Ensure proper stock rotation.
- Other tasks as assigned by warehouse leaders.
- This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions and position responsibilities. Nothing in this job description restricts management's rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Ways to Apply:
- CALL TODAY FOR A PHONE INTERVIEW 717-718-HIRE (4473)
- Resumes may be emailed to Jobs.YorkPA@ExpressPros.com
- Stop by our office at 2210 E. Market St. York, Pa 17402
About Express Employment Professionals:
Express can help you find the type of job that is a perfect fit for your needs and abilities, and you’ll never pay a fee for our services and support. Whether you’re looking for a full-time position, part-time work, or a more flexible schedule, Express can place you in a wide range of jobs that meet your employment goals including Administrative, Commercial, and Professional positions. Benefits available to Eligible Express Associates:
- Medical Plan/Dental Plan
- Holiday Pay (6 Days Observed)
- 401 (k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Vision/Eyewear Plan
- Vacation Pay
- Life Insurance
- Prescription Drug Reimbursement
- Short-Term Disability
- Referral Bonuses
For a complete listing of all open positions, visit www.expresspros.com
Express Office: York
2210 East Market Street
York, PA 17402