Heavy Equipment Operators
Located in Redding, CA
Salary: $17+ DOE
Express Employment in Redding is urgently seeking Excavator operators for a reputable local company.
Pay : $17+ DOE
Job Duties/Responsibilities: As an excavation laborer, your duties span site preparation like digging trenches, grading, drilling, excavating for utilites, hauling dirt and other demolition materials, and transporting equipment and crew members.
Exact duties can depend on a heavy equipment operator's specialization. Some common responsibilities include:
- Uses machines to remove earth.
- Operates mini excavators, skip loader backhoe, dozer, water trucks etc.
- Load Trucks
- Operates work trucks, dump trucks, and water trucks.
- Operates compactor, concrete saw, chainsaw etc.
- Keeping accurate Paperwork
- Perform activities such as backfilling ditches, vibrating or breaking rock or concrete, and installing culverts.
- Lubricates, adjusts, and repairs machinery, and replaces parts such as gears, bearings, and bucket teeth.
- Set up and inspect equipment.
- Measures and verifies levels of rock or gravel, bases, and other excavated material.
- Moves materials over short distances, such a around a construction site, factory, or warehouse.
Skills & Competencies:
- Safety, ability to work in adverse weather conditions
- Hand and foot coordination: You must coordinate movements of your hands and feet in order to guide very large machinery in tight places.
- Operation Monitoring: You'll have to read gauges, dials, and other indicators, and adjust them as necessary.
- Interpersonal skills and teamwork: You must be able to coordinate your actions with those of other workers on busy construction sites.
- Troubleshooting: Anyone operating heavy equipment should be able to detect and fix operating problems.
- Critical thinking- Your job will require that you identify the strengths and weaknesses of solutions to problems in order to choose the one that is most likely to be successful and cost-effective.
- 1-3 years minimum experience.
- VALID/UPDATED CDL - CLASS A preferred
- Endorsements prefered
High School Diploma or equivalency prefered.
Express Office: Redding
2697 Victor Avenue
Redding, CA 96002